Very encouraging review for Cloverfield

Discussion in 'Movies/TV' started by CRUDS, Jan 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Abrahams has talked about retelling the same events from the perspective of another group of people & their story.

I haven't seen it yet so I can't really comment.

Gloat; Since this is directed like it's all captured by a hand held camera,watching a copy filmed on a cam would give anyone a headache.

2. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Yeah. Well, it's a dvd rip. But still, it was a movie made for theatres only apparently. Nobody will be able to watch it from home without their eyes bleeding. I dont watch cam versions. The dvd screener always slips these days anyway.

3. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

If you say so.:moon2:

4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

How do they get DVD rips to upload anyway?

5. Deuce Wayne

c'mon man. Even all the positive reviews on RT.com mention how their eyes felt like they were bleeding before it was over, and that was on a theater screen. Imagine it on anything below a 73" tv. It's not going to be popular at home.

6. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

I hear you but Bourne was like that & after a while I didn't notice it.I suppose it could depend how engrossing the film is.

7. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

saw a very very poor copy of this last night
    there were moments that I was really into it
    decent enough flick
    some people get the "found footage" concept
    other get motion sickness

I'm going to have to wait until I view at least a screen copy or a DVD rip

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

or you know, do it legally.

9. Deuce Wayne

legally? Yeah, and while you're at it, pay money for albums too! hahahaha good one gunny.

10. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

I finally got to see it at cinema on Monday.

Neither myself or my girlfriend had any issues with the so called motion sickness .

I really like the film & it left me wanting to know more about Cloverfield & what happened to it.Did Lily or anyone else make it?

I like the fact that there was no clichéd build up to the events that happened or any war room sparring by Generals trying to influence a President.It just kicked in & didn't let up.

Leanne on the other hand came out of the cinema thinking it was a pile of crap.She didn't like that there was no back story or in her mind a satisfactory ending. After a good debate she she came around & would recommend viewing it.

The comparisons to Blair Witch are unfair as the only similarities are the idea of seeing a movie as found footage.This was a well made movie with a decent budget & I'm glad a studio had the nuts to trust JJ Abrahams with something different.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar