Verdict Reached in Casey Anthony Murder Trial.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by jessestylex, Jul 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Courtesy Flush

Courtesy Flush 49er fan

Well, there's that pesky thing called the constitution…

It's not the fault of the jury, it is the fault of the prosecution for not providing reasonable evidence.

2. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

who says they didnt make a good enough case? the Jury? the same Jury could have also said they made a great case, they have none to answer to.

like i said forget the all the BS that followed the murder. the fact is Casey was out having a great time and went nearly a month before telling her mom Kaylee was missing. thats Guilty and you cant spin it.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Courtesy Flush

Courtesy Flush 49er fan

I'd high-five this post, but I don't know how. lol

4. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Murder is just a speeding ticket for women.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Michael Vick: 2 years in prison for killing dogs
    Plaxico Burress: 2 years in prison for shooting himself in the foot.
    Mary Winkler: murders husband, spends 6 months in prison.
    Casey Anthony: murders her infant daughter, acquitted.

If Casey Anthony were a man, what would've happened?

6. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

One question; why is everyone worked up over this?

Thousands of kids go missing/are killed every year and a couple cases get the notoriety and everyone goes ape **** one way or another when the verdict is announced.

I've never understood why there is one trial a year that grips America when there are tons of cases just like it.

• High Five High Five x 2
  7. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

By stating the exact OPPOSITE of how this works, you maintain V.I. status on these boards..

8. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

I don't usually pay attention to media cases, but I have to admit this case is fascinating. Casey Anthony is an attractive young woman who apparently comes from a highly dysfunctional family. She also appears to be mentally disturbed. Immediately interesting.

The prosecution "overcharged" Casey Anthony. 99% of folks don't want to put an attractive young woman (see below) to death unless the evidence is rock solid. The prosecution relied on flimsy evidence- no definitive time or cause of death. Some speculation of sexual abuse introduced by the defense which further raised the spectre that Casey Anthony was just as victimized.
    The prosecution relied too heavily on emotion in their closing arguments. George Anthony came off as an unbelievable creep during examination which interestingly worked to the advantage of the defense. (His history of being a former homocide detective lowered the credibility of his testimony.)

Bottom line is the burden of proof was too great for the prosecution to remove the idea of "reasonable doubt" from the jurors. Also, Baez was brilliant in his immediate introduction that Casey Anthony is a liar. The prosecution didn't adapt their presentation after that- they stuck with the old script.

I am particularly pleased to see the "expert" talking head media "legal eagles" fall flat on their face with the verdict. Nancy Grace, Jane Valez Mitchell, Vinnie (last name),etc. all had whipped up the public into almost a lynch mob frenzy. Coining the phrase "tot mom". Now they have Dr. Drew weighing in. What a crock of chit!

I do think Casey Anthony is culpable. This was a colossal failure on the prosecution- not the jurors.

9. GeronimoJackson

GeronimoJackson Brainwashed by the Left. Now I am free.

Her reaction later didn't say "I'm glad I wasn't falsely imprisoned and 12 other men and women knew the truth." It said "phew, I just got away with murder." Just sayin'.

Ok, giving her the benefit of the doubt, let's just say she didn't kill her daughter, how could she at least not have been guilty of some degree of manslaughter. Waiting a month after your kid disappears before finally deciding to act...

10. GeronimoJackson

GeronimoJackson Brainwashed by the Left. Now I am free.

Thank God you're just some dude behind a computer.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar