VBK out versus the Texans

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Starkiller, Dec 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

You Texan fans are never going to forgive Bud Adams are you?

2. Texxan

Texxan Camp Fodder

Why should we? Even Bud himself knows not to expect that.

3. Texxan

Texxan Camp Fodder

This team was under a heck of a lot of pressure believe it or not. This regimes blueprint and the future were coming into question and it had to be quelled. They did a great job of keeping all in focus and battled hard to get out of it... a tribute to Kubiak.

And you might want to remove the (so well) part of your ending. The Titans/Oilers have had almost 40 seasons.... and zero super bowl wins. Im not sure (so well) applies.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

plenty of championships though. Their fair share at least. 2 AFC championships in the 60s as Oilers and 1 in the 90s as the Titans. You do realize that the biggest game of the year that a regular fan can apply his season ticket to is the Conference Championship game. The SB is an NFL game and totally controlled by the NFL from NY. only a very limited number of fans get to go to the game as the overwhelming majority of tickets are divvied out to the corporate sponsors of the NFL.

speaking of secret plans and such I was thinking about just how terrible the HouCows FO has been over the years. From 2004, when the Titans were blew up by FR, there are only three Titans remaining (Hentirch, Bulluck and Haynesworth). I could be wrong here but the exact number is not the point. Since 2004 At least 3 HouCows remain (Johnson, Breuner and Faggins). My point here is that since 2004 the Titans have restocked, from CAP Hell, 94% of the team. Over that same timeframe the HouCows have remained at best average and at worst pretty bad.

How Come Now Loser Cows? Why have the Titans been able to almost completly rebuild and turn into contenders over a 5 season period, while the HouCows remain a not-good football team?

Truly the HouCows are playing their SB sunday, they always play theres sometimes around thanksgiving.

5. Texxan

Texxan Camp Fodder

It took Jeff Fisher 5 plus seasons to make the playoffs after taking over the team for his first HC job. This season is Kubiaks 3rd in his first HC job taking over an expansion franchise.

6. Ubiq

Ubiq BAMF

[​IMG]

• High Five High Five x 6
  7. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

the HouCows were no longer an expansion franchise when Kubiak took the reigns.

Only get to wear the expansion label 1 year, and even then nobody cares just ask the squeelers and the Browns. Squeelers beat the brownies 43-0 their first game, just because they could. Didn't care that they were an expansion team. HouCows were NOT an expansion team when GK took over, or are the HouCows STILL an expansion team???

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

Touché. Well played :ha:

Honestly the "voodoo that the Titans do so well" is playing smashmouth football. I meant that you too can watch the Titans playing that awesome brand of pigskin in the playoffs in a few weeks. :)) In re-reading my post I can see how it could be taken the other way. Well done... I lol'd.

To be fair, the history of football did exist prior to the Super Bowl era and as GoT pointed out the Oilers did win back to back Championships in the AFL. It certainly was a long time ago, but you can't deny that history. The Titans are not the Cardinals. Even in the Super Bowl era Bud's team has a rich playoff history. I'm well of aware of the ultimate failures in each of those playoff years (if you’re ex-Oilers’ fans we share some of the same old emotional scars :ha: ). Honestly I wouldn't trade that history for anything... that history will make winning the Super Bowl (whenever it happens) all the more sweet. I think this team, with Mike Reinfeldt at the helm will be consistently competitive and more often than not in the hunt for the championship. Just as you believe the Texans will one day have a winning record... I believe the Titans will one day win the Super Bowl (and we've both got a shot at that belief turning into reality this year). For you fulfilling that dream is contingent on the Texans winning today. For Titans fans, this game... meh. Perhaps if the Titans themselves are feeling the same way you've got a shot, but for Bud playing in Houston is a big deal (I guess), I'm sure if that's indeed the case he and Fish will have the team pumped for the game.

9. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

10. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong.

- Mohandas K. Gandhi

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar