Vandy Will Embarrass the Vols This Weekend

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by XO, Nov 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jdog

jdog I like beer!

I guess I will need a detailed explaination of what you mean. I will acknowledge that the season is not over and there is a lot of ball to be palyed but these teams seem to have done pretty well so far.

2. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

When boise beats georgia.. they are a bottom feeding SEC team.

When georgia destroys UTjr... oh.. "Georgia's ranked #13, look how strong our conference is"

I agree, there are two or three trolls and they all wear jailhouse sherbert orange

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. jdog

jdog I like beer!

How highly ranked was that mighty team that beat unbeatable, national champion #5?

4. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

I will give you this one. I thought Georgia would be down and sucky but they did it turn it around and it certainly looks much more impressive as a win for Boise.

5. Lmao at Tennessy. Off the Vandy wagon now or staying on for a while longer?

6. skitch

skitch Shut Up and Play Ball!

Refs were awful and covered their arse.
    Knee was NOT down and would have had the pick six regardless.....Vols win.
    However, to come out and say that a whistle was NEVER blown is complete BS.
    You could hear it and see the ref that blew it run in to mark the ball down.

Vandy would have never caught him, but...,.by the actual rules.....Whistle blew the play dead....Vols ball at the 25 (or whatever it was). Play blown dead by the ref is NOT reviewable.

I don't care one way or the other about the outcome, but they flat out covered their butts with the " no whistle was ever blown" bs.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. 2 bad calls on that play by the refs. But they got the one that actually had something to do with the football game right. Both teams looked like crap and both had just as many opportunities to put the game away but couldn't.

Thankfully for me, UT wasn't embarrassed lolololol. Too bad douche op wouldn't take a simple bet.

8. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Even though they ultimately got the call "right" it's beyond shameful that the ref who blew the whistle didn't fess up. I mean, that was just soooooo cowardly and pathetic. He shouldn't coach another game for the rest of his life.

Bad calls happen and are a part of the game. Players, coaches and fans alike have to deal with that fact. But to have a referee INTENTIONALLY affect the outcome of a game when he clearly knows what the rules mandate in that situation is really *&!#ed up.

I'm not even a big college football fan so it was no skin off my back regardless of who won. But I was absolutely stunned by what I saw at the end of that game. What a joke.

9. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Whatever. It would've been just as unjust for them to have ruled the guys knee down when it clearly wasn't.

So an incorrect call on an incorrect call ended up with the correct outcome?

10. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

You're missing my point. That ref DID rule the knee down. It doesn't matter that it was the wrong call. It was the call that was made. Bad calls happen all the time. What's worse is that this ref intentionally directly affected the outcome of the game by not fessing up to his own mistake.

Either way somebody was getting screwed. But at least had the Vols been the ones getting screwed then it would've been the result of simple human error. Not some extremely shady, childish action by a ref.

Like I said, I'm not a die-hard fan of the Vols or Vandy so I really didn't care about the result of the game anyway. But as an objective football fan I can say that was TOTAL BS. That guy should never ref again. Seriously.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar