Vandy vs. Washington State

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Starkiller, Mar 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Great, great game. 2 OTs and Vandy had to come from behind after a bad first half. WSU played excellent defense, but couldn't contain Derrick Byars in the 2nd half.

2. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

S-e-c

S-e-c

S-e-c

S-e-c

3. BigRed3

BigRed3 Straight Cash, Homey

I listened to the second OT on the radio. Sounded like it was pretty exciting. Though I really can't get into Joe Fisher

4. oochymp

oochymp Camp Fodder

Good luck in the Sweet Sixteen against Big Roy, Jeff Green, TJIII, Dajuan Summers, and the rest of the Hoyas, I just hope they decide to show the game in this area, I haven't been able to watch either of the Hoyas other two games

5. Broken Record

50% of the teams in the SEC East are in the Sweet 16. That's pretty impressive.

6. oochymp

oochymp Camp Fodder

60% by my count (Florida, Vandy, and Tennessee left; Arkansas and Kentucky gone) that's a lot better than the ACC, which got seven teams in the tourney and only UNC is left, and three of those six lost to a lower seeded team.

7. Broken Record

Agree with your math, but I was just saying out of the 6 teams in the SEC East (TN, FL, Vandy, KY, SC, UGA), 3 of them are in the Sweet 16.

UT may not beat OSU, but talk about some major disrespect. I was listening to the ESPN podcast about the Sweet 16 and there was almost zero mention of UT. One of the interviewees even said, "Whoever wins the Texas A&M/Memphis game is gonna give Ohio State a heckuva game."

The only thing said directly about Tennessee was that UT and UVA got easier roads than they should have because their first round opponents were seeded too high. They hypothesized that the reason there are no Cinderella teams this year is not because the committee did a good job of seeding, but because the teams with the potential to be a Cinderella got seeded too low and had to play 1 or 2 seeds in the first round instead of 4 or 5 seeds like UT and UVA.

I try my hardest, but some days I forget to avoid ESPN completely.

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

BIPOLAR!!!:icon_spin :monkey: :woot2:

9. oochymp

oochymp Camp Fodder

Ah, SEC as a whole, not of those in the tourney, gotcha

And I'm not too sure about OSU after their game against Xavier, there's no way they should have needed that missed free throw to be able to send it into overtime, although I was impressed at how well they played without Oden in OT, but of course they should have been doing that the entire game, I think Tennessee has a much better chance at winning that game than anyone will say.

10. VolnTitan

VolnTitan Starter

Considering they beat us at their place with a last second shot, I would say we have a chance.

The way I look at it is there is ZERO pressure on UT. They can go out and have fun. All the pressure and expectations are on OSU. It will be very tought for us to win, but you never know.......

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar