UT vs. Bammer

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Ubiq, Oct 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ubiq

Ubiq BAMF

The 'Tampa 2' isn't what you should be worried about..it's the blitz and coverage schemes.

UT's D struggled against Auburn because they were on the field the entire game. Holding the Barn to 26 points considering how worn down the D was in the 2nd half is a flat-out miracle.

Also, look at what the two high-powered offenses that UT has faced have done in the weeks after playing Monte (Florida/Auburn). They haven't done much because a lot of people think Monte laid down the blue-print for stopping them. Les Miles said himself he took a lot from what Monte did to Florida and incorporated it into his game plan. The man knows what he's doing.

Crompton and UT's 260 pound interior O-line will be the major deciding factor.

2. Raistmagic

Raistmagic Starter

He had a few TD passes dropped againt Ole Miss and he handled himself against SC. By the way, the point was that for all we know, TN's def might not be better than either Ole Miss's or SC's. In fact, if I had to pick right now, I'd say that SC and Ole Miss would both beat Tennessee.

Edit:

I'm not saying that Monte is a bad DC, I'm saying that TN's overall talent on D might not be as good as you think. Like I said about Florida, TN didn't try to win the game. They tried to make sure they didn't get obliterated.

Btw, Les Miles is an idiot. Him copying you means very little to me.

3. Ubiq

Ubiq BAMF

UT's D is ranked ahead of both Ole Miss and SC. I doubt McElroy will be doing as he wishes on Saturday.

4. Raistmagic

Raistmagic Starter

National rankings mean very little to me. I can only judge by what I've seen.

5. Ubiq

Ubiq BAMF

I'm not going to disagree with you here. SC and Ole Miss could very easily beat UT...but the fact still remains that UT's D is better than both of them. That was my point. Bama hasn't faced a D as good as UT's and if they can't get Ingram going it might be a lot closer than everyone thinks. The only way it's a blow-out is if Crompton reverts back to UCLA...it could get ugly then.

I also agree that UT doesn't have the talent yet. Can't argue that. That makes Monte even better. Once he gets the players match his schemes...look out.

And yes...Miles is an idiot. But he obviously did something pretty smart when he took a page out of Monte's book. They did hold Florida to 13 points after all...

6. Ubiq

Ubiq BAMF

Ok, disregard statistical fact because it doesn't help with your argument. Makes sense.

7. onthemove

onthemove Guest

Let's not forget the 70 points their defense has allowed in only two seasons. Chavis or Monte, there's no excuse for it. Now on the other hand, if McElwain (the Bama OC) doesn't mix up better calls in the red zone, it will indeed become a frustrating day. I think the red zone plays will be the difference in the outcome of the game for sure.

8. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

Couldn't agree with you more. The game almost hinges on Crompton's ability to keep UT's defense from wearing down. I was at the Auburn game and Crompton was the sole reason we got our butt's handed to us. He's the most bipolar QB I've ever seen.

9. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Earned being #1 by doing what, exactly? Other teams have "just won" too. If Iowa were in the SEC they'd be the #1 team in the country too by default.

and I don't dislike Alabama. I even think they'll be a powerhouse in the near future. Just not yet. They're pretenders. They don't do anything special, and teams that are just average but win eventually stop winning. (as Titans fans, we should know)

Who's #1? Not sure.

Florida is very beatable, but still better than Alabama.

USC would beat Alabama with no problems.

Actually, any team in the top 10 would give Alabama all they can handle. Miami, Georgia Tech, Cincinatti, Iowa, Penn State, Texas etc... that's where they should be. In that crowd with those teams. Not the elite.

10. onthemove

onthemove Guest

Don't compare Bama to the Titans- two different levels of football with one that is easier to watch now.

They earned it by playing good football every week, even if it wasn't mistake-free. The Tide are a powerhouse already, and they don't need to escape close calls OR put on a Broadway show and light up the stage with so called style points.

I actually want to see Bama annihilate USC, so the SEC can make the message of how to win legally clear to the bigwigs who pamper those guys with rigged cupcake schedules year in and year out. This Bama D now would have Barkley staining himself in his newly ironed golden pants. Playing a good team? Yeah life can be trying...

You don't know who's #1 but you know it isn't Bama. If you say so. :rolleyes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar