UT hires a Sunbelt coach who has 17-20 record since 2007

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by World Peace, Jan 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Yeah, because no one is going to take Brandon Graham.

or Donovan Warren. Do you guys even have anyone projected to BE drafted?

But it doesn't matter. Best believe whoever IS drafted from Michigan will actually play on Sundays. Unlike your herd of Troy Smiths and David Bostons.

2. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

Oh sorry I didn't realize anyone on your defense would get any interest in the NFL, I figured they'd be guilty of sucking by association. And yes we have 1 or 2 players who will be drafted which is great for us since our team will be heaps better than it was this year.

Now as for that last comment it's easily the dumbest thing I've ever read. Ohio State is one of the top pro factories in the NFL and you know it so don't act stupid. Pro bowlers, the reigning Superbowl MVP, future hall of famers.

I mean sure I could ignore a whole bunch of Michigan players in the NFL and zoom in on failures like Braylon Edwards with his shoe horn like hands but I choose not to.

3. Deuce Wayne

When Braylon Edwards is a "failure" things aren't so bad... considering he's better than any receiver you've guys had go pro since Chris Carter...which was what? 10 years ago?

Edit: I forgot about Santonio Holmes. So 2 good receivers in 30 years. Not bad!

4. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

Edwards is a one year wonder and you also forgot Joey Galloway, he was pretty good too and Terry Glenn wasn't bad either. OSU pumps in wide receivers, corners, linebackers, and offensive tackles into the NFL on a regular basis.

5. Deuce Wayne

I know they pump them in, they just rarely do much to justify their draft hype.

6. jdog

jdog I like beer!

In a program like UT he is an unknow quantity as was Kiffin. The difference is that he is a better fit as far as culture goes. Kiffins wife probably made him move.
    The word I heard on Cutcliff was that he would come to UT but only if he could bring his entire staff.
    As far as Peyton goes, he still has close ties to UT. If he coaches I think it will be at UT. The future is still a mystery and there are more questions than answers. The one certainty is that I will remain a UT fan. I'll will almost certainly be there on signing day Feb. 4th and at the Orange and White game next spring.

7. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

When Donnie Nickey makes the probowl, give me a call and I'll buy you a shot and we'll celebrate.

8. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

Why?

9. VolnTitan

VolnTitan Starter

OK...haven't been thru all the posts, but I'm happy with Dooley after the initial "who?" Getting good recommendations from respected sources. Putting together a great staff on paper with Charlie Bagget as the WR coach (not going to find any coach with a better resume of WR) and apparently hiring Keven Steele as the DC. Hope it continues.

10. Deuce Wayne

This is kinda like when we drafted Chris Henry. At first you're like 'WHAT THE FFFFF...?!" and then after a few days you try to dig for some positive press on the guy, then you start talking yourself in to liking him and making excuses as to why he sucked in college, but in the end he's still Chris Henry and you can't expect much other than him to continue being Chris Henry as he has for years prior.

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar