Urban Meyer in Trouble? (#MeToo)

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by The Hammer, Aug 1, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

Because he is a good coach and that is all a lot of programs care about. I wouldn't have as big a deal with it at the pro level, since the players are older and more adjusted to that sort of life, and should be smarter and know the consequences of things more. I dont think the coach matters nearly as much at that level. But at the college level, we are talking about young kids who have never had this type of attention, notoriety, pressure etc, and a lot of these coaches dont really seem to want to do right by the players as people, at all.

#61 dg1979us, Aug 1, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2018
  2. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

Why would that eliminate the title IX aspect of it? That seems even more of a reason for a title IX violation.

3. 8and8

8and8 Starter

I should have clarified Title IX issue as far as Urban and his wife are concerned. If the university knew they were not in violation of not reporting it.

4. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

Oh got ya.

5. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

i really have done no research on this... so i am probably wrong

but this just sounds likes something a lawyer can use lawyer magic to make go away... unless some rock solid record exists.. which there might

everyone is in damage control mode at the moment

i am okay with ohio state failing at everything ohio state does because they are ohio state

6. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

• LOL LOL x 1
  7. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

OSU hasn't released a statement, and I am not sure that is a good thing for Urban. If they were intent on defending him it seems they could have come up with a statement by this point.

8. World Peace

OSU is in a bad spot at the moment. Any statement that comes out will be minimalistic

9. Ten_Titans

Ten_Titans Pro Bowler

Smh. It's a title IX violation. He is required to report it when someone comes to him with an accusation of domestic abuse. Much worse by any metric than lying about your players getting some tattoos, which ya'll already fired a coach for. But yeah. Accuse everyone else of being inconsistent.

Don't even know why you're worried Vondy. Yall have Schiano ready to take over. I hear he's a great coach.

10. World Peace

Vondy, why do you support the things that Greg Schiano supports and was subsequently not hired at University of Tennessee for?

REKT bruh

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar