Upon Further Review: Colts at Titans Grades

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Dec 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY:
    Quarterback
    Vince Young had another good day generating 241 yards through the air and on the ground including two touchdowns. The two interceptions hurt because both blew scoring opportunities. He missed a wide-open Ben Hartsock who would have easily gained a first down on a drive in the fourth quarter.Regardless, Young has shown poise and the ability to make clutch plays. He's spreading the ball around well as 10 different players caught a pass yesterday. There may be some Rookie of the Year talk if he can continue this pace the rest of the season.

Grade: B

http://www.gotitans.com/artman/publish/article_001908.shtml

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.

2. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

I thought the TE grade of C- was a little unfair. The TEs should get alot more credit than they do for the success of the run game and shouldn't be faulted for not catching a lot of passes while VY gets credit for "spreading the ball around well". Besides, VY did miss a wide open Hartsock which would have been a huge 1st down.

3. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Dude...

I'm a bit surprised that VY ONLY got a B? He carried the offense in crunchtime. Sure he threw 2 picks, but he also threw 2 TD's and ran so well our D didn't have to play that much in the second half. I'd give him an A- or B+ at worst.

And I agree with Soxcat, why a C- for our TE's? Surely they contributed nicely to the run blocking and Scaife is one of VY's favorite targets. And Hartsock was open.

But my most disappointed read was the OL gave up no pressure? On at least one play Freeney put a spin move on Roos and nearly sacked Young. If it wasn't VY, he probably does get sacked. VY certainly took some heat in this game, but he ran out of it for the most part and made the OL look good. But that doesn't mean they gave up no pressure. No way they get an A for that. Also, when we needed some runs, they couldn't open a hole. Othertimes we busted big runs. Inconsistency doesn't get you an A in my book. All things considered, I'd give them a B.

The secondary gave up a ton of yards, 2 bombs and what should have been 2 TD's...not to mention a painfully high completion percentage for Manning. I don't know how that gets you an A...

Gut

4. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

I agree with your grade for the OL Gut. VY's ability to make something happen and avoid pressure made the OL look better than they were.

5. finz50

finz50 Starter

How do you not give special temas an A+??? Bironas kicked the 4th longest FG in the 87 yr history of the league!!!!

6. 4andershv

4andershv Camp Fodder

There already is:

http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/9847527

7. plato

plato Camp Fodder

I just noticed 7 of VY's 9 runs were on third down and he converted every time... That is so clutch.. I would bumb his grade up to a B+ for that reason..

8. Lumebray

Lumebray Virtus Et Honor

yes he has the ability to make some short passes and runs, id like to see an accurate deep ball somtime

9. plato

plato Camp Fodder

I can think of several nice deep passes but most of them have been dropped..

10. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

But most of them have been overthrown.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar