Undrafted Rookie Free Agent Signings

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Apr 30, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

every team takes about 20 after the draft

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. A.D.

A.D. It's (insert day of week here) & Colts still SUCK Staff

Not sure if anybody is "bad" at it. The primary objective is just to fill out the roster to 90 bodies for training camp and create some competition. When an UDFA makes a team's roster, it's a bonus.

The roster will eventually get trimmed to 53 plus 8 on the practice squad so there's not much room for any of the UDFAs stick around. I read the other day that 50 UDFAs were rostered on opening day last year, so that's about 1½ per team. I like the K-State guy's chances this year.

3. A.D.

A.D. It's (insert day of week here) & Colts still SUCK Staff

They can't unless they're starting with only 70 since there's a roster limit of 90. The Titans are at about 80 now, so they can't sign all of the ones now linked to them unless they cut some of their guys signed to futures contracts. Or, it's possible that some of the UDFAs now linked to them are only on tryouts.

4. greenwheel

greenwheel Starter

Do the 10 players selected in the draft count against the 90 now or do they have to sign a contract before they start getting counted?

5. 10ECTyrant

10ECTyrant What! Tip Jar Donor

I believe they have to be signed to count

6. Titan/Oiler34

Titan/Oiler34 Special Teams Standout

...and how does one compare the two to begin with? One was never productive at the college level, the other wins the Heisman. One was questioned immediately after being drafted by the talking heads, the other has some calling this our best pick. We had another RB named Henry before Chris BTW, he was pretty good even if he was dealing dope.

Last question... I'm not sure what your shot at D. Henry has to do with undrafted free agents... or is this because you're butt hurt your guy didn't get selected?

7. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

LOL. Why u so serious?

• LOL LOL x 1
  8. Titan/Oiler34

Titan/Oiler34 Special Teams Standout

Just getting tired of all the whiners taking shots in every freaking thread... tell ya what, go make an entire thread just for the Henry hate. Not all of us enjoy whining 24/7.

• Winner Winner x 1
  9. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

I just wanted to post that vid.

I said good things about Henry in other threads. I don't think I'd want him at KR, though.

10. Dangermode

Dangermode A New Era has Begun

Man this guy returns a lot of kicks for TDs....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar