Ugghhh- Keep Pac or Trade Pac

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Riverman, Feb 1, 2008.

?

Keep Pac or Trade Pac immediately

Poll closed Feb 11, 2008.
  1. Keep Pac

35 vote(s)
    66.0%
  2. Trade Pac immediately

18 vote(s)
    34.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rock8titans

rock8titans Starter

Huh? With all the stuff he's brought upon himself, and everything he's gone through, albiet all his own fault, If the Titans were to keep him, I could see him having a monster season next year playing with a purpose. You guys are crazy, Pac is a physical speciman, and naturally gifted. On some of those punts/kickoffs he ran in the past, he looked like he was in a different league from every other player on the feld. I don't see it taking much for him to get back into game shape.

If he comes back, once he makes a few great plays he will undoubtedly win back the fans, whether he could keep out of trouble is a whole different story.

2. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

The only way Pac could win me back is with a couple of YEARS of staying out of negative situations in the press. It would help if he seemed even the slightest bit sorry, or that he looked like he had changed a little, or that he actually wanted to be here... but with none of those things, I'm happy to get whatever we could for him. I'd gladly take a 3rd, and probably a 4th.

3. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Riverman is smoking weed again..

Pacman jones is barely an nfl player. In fact right now he isn't an nfl player. He is one altercation from being tossed for another year and a more significant crime can get him banned for life.

Why in the hell under those circumstances would anyone want to give up a 1st rd pick for him? What in the hell are you smoking?

When you look at the cost and the risks involved and the possible locker room problems the guy is at best a late 2nd rd pick, probably a high third but there is also the cap hit he brings. $6M worth which is why the titans will likely trade him because they probably see some practical ways to use the cap savings. Some teams might not be able to afford him.

All things considered i would say a top 10 pick in rd 4 or a very late 3rd rounder at best. This is a guy who didn't play football this year!

4. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

RT- What part of
    did you not understand?

I also hope you don't trade stock. Why would you trade Pac for essentially nil, when he is at his lowest value? We are at the point of cutting him or trading for a 5th round or plus pick. Why not take a flier on the guy, let him improve his stock with some KR/PR's or CB play and THEN trade him if it appears trouble is just around the corner?

5. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Earth to riverman...

I have never advocated trading the guy try reading my post earlier. I just thought your 1st rd pick scenario was loony toons.. I agree with you give him a chance to prove his worth because his trade value isn't worth a deal..

To use your stock metaphor trading for pacman is like buying stock in a company with an ex-con as ceo. Maybe the ex-con is reformed maybe he is still a crook. Buy the stock and you could lose everything. If pacman jones was a stock he would have a P/E ratio of about 5 if there are any earnings to speak of.

I agree take a chance on him but i honestly think it's already in the cards that the titans will trade him and the best we can probably hope for is a late 3rd. If someone offers us a 2nd i would take it and move on..

6. UVATitan

UVATitan Camp Fodder

i agree with the sentiment of the board, we keep him because he has talent and more importantly he has little trade value right now. hopefully he will realize this and play his best to get his stock up and we can get something meaningful in exchange for him.

The most likely scenario in my mind however is that he never comes back to the NFL and we are able to claim a good share of his bonus.

7. Rebel Titan

Rebel Titan Oiler Cannon Ball

8. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Don't we still receive some sort of incentive? Draft pick or something?

9. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

hard to pick up anything when you tender the guy as dog ****.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar