Ugghhh- Keep Pac or Trade Pac

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Riverman, Feb 1, 2008.

?

Keep Pac or Trade Pac immediately

Poll closed Feb 11, 2008.
  1. Keep Pac

35 vote(s)
    66.0%
  2. Trade Pac immediately

18 vote(s)
    34.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Roy Williams and Shaun Rogers for Pacman and a pick...maybe.

Keep him. For sure. I cringe at the thought of drafting a CB in one. This looks like a Woolfolk draft at CB to me.

We'll get him back, I feel, but Goodell, p***k that he is, is definitely going to delay reinstatement until the last possible minute...like, maybe, July.

Trading Pac for nothing makes no sense in the world. Trade in 09? Maybe. If all he does is return kicks and play in the nickle, it's worth it to see him return.

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

different situation. mcnair was going to cost us 25 mil that year, while pac is in his rookie contract. pac is still in his prime while mcnair was on the downside. if he gets suspended by the league again after reinstatement he'll more than likely be gone for good, therefore we don't pay the rest of his contract.

while a 5th for pac would be highway robbery, we were the ones who got the best of the mcnair deal.

3. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

I agree with you it's a bad comparison. Like many people make when they compare Haynesworth and Pacman.

But I still say it's a valid point. We don't have a good history of getting good value for players we trade. I'm not sure what our disfunction has been about that. If we hadn't put ourself in the "burn the bridge" situation we did with McNair I think we should've been able to pull off more than a 4th rounder for a former MVP.

Also, assuming a 5th round for Pacman is highway robbery is unknown as well. What if Pacman comes back and totally sucks? We may be able to say the same thing you did about the Mcnair trade. But I admit the chances of that are less likely.

I would take a 7th rounder for Pacman if it got him off our team. That's because I'd rather root for players I like, and I don't like Pacman.

4. Fry

a second round pick for justin mccareins? that pick was higher than the pick the 49ers got from the eagles for TO.....

5. Tackhead #9

Tackhead #9 Harder, better, faster, stronger

What the frig? J-Mac was worth a second?? Sure he was good here, but he wasn't exactly second-worthy. I'm feeling lazy, who'd we draft with that pick?

Anyway, I want Pac gone. I'd like higher than a 5th, but he's here on borrowed time, and I dunno who's game to pay big for someone who's beyond their last straw.

6. Fry

laboy

7. moose4now

moose4now Starter

Unless you can get a game changer (or a first round pick), you keep him and live with everything he brings.

On and off the field.

8. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

You're right. That was a great trade. Floyd wasn't all bad.

I wonder if we would try to package trade him? Like Pacman, another player, and a draft pick for a veteran or to move up in the draft. I think that's how I'd try to sell the trade if I were the Titans.

9. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

I don't have a problem trading when we can get something for him. Right now, I'd have to see mid round 1st or a late 1st, early 2nd with a top 20 WR or DT.

Short of that I say we keep him.

10. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

What if? What if I'm taking a shower and I slip on a bar of soap? Oh my God I'd be killed!

(sorry couldn't resist a classic Simpsons quote).

Anyway 5th for Pacman is ridiculous.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar