UDFA Signings

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by wplatham, May 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wplatham

wplatham U of M Class of 2012

From www.titansonline.com, our first batch of UDFAs. What do yall think? I've heard of Appel, and Douglas was a pretty good guard at UT.

http://www.titansonline.com/news/newsmain_detail.php?PRKey=3759

NASHVILLE, TN, May 1, 2006 -- The Tennessee Titans have agreed to terms with the following undrafted free-agents:

LB Colin Allred -- Baylor
    S Jaxson Appel -- Texas A&M
    DE Copeland Bryan -- Arizona
    DE Sean Conover -- Bucknell
    DT Wayne Dickens -- Auburn
    G Cody Douglas -- Tennessee
    WR Tramain Hall -- N.C. State
    DT Chris Herring -- Southern Arkansas
    WR Mario Hill -- Mississippi
    QB Cody Hodges -- Texas Tech
    CB Cedric Holt -- North Carolina
    DT Jeff Littlejohn -- Middle Tennessee
    CB Daniel McLemore -- Oklahoma St.
    C Rod Olds -- Jacksonville St.
    TE Jamie Petrowski -- Indiana St.
    CB Keon Raymond -- Middle Tennessee
    RB Lamont Reid -- Western Carolina
    DE Adam Roberts -- Cincinnati
    DE Tim Thompson -- Valdosta
    G Derrick Warford -- Alabama St.

2. thnom

thnom Camp Fodder

What really stands out is the lack of o-line players.

2 Gs and a C

3. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

either Munchak is extremely confident in Loper and Stewart or we are about to go after some vet FA's

it's odd though ,with our play overall on offense last year, that so little attention is being addressed to the line

4. i dont really think that it was our o-line that was the problem last year, just a problem finding a spot to run through (outside) and getting the ball into the hads of the recievers

5. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

for whatever reason - I call it Hopkinsitus - the Oline was content to do the minimum necessary last year. They just mailed it in. Even Olsen was basically nonpulsed.

I want them to play like they want to be out there not like they have to be out there.

6. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

Jaxson Appell is going to be fun to watch in camp and preseason. The kid is a player, a bit undersized, but he gives up his body to make plays. Good kid.

7. The first think I did when I saw that list was to find any O-Line players

I'm disappointed

8. wkycatfan

wkycatfan Guest

I think O Guard Cody Douglas has a chance to stick.

9. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Cody hodges...

Interesting signing. Productive player at tech who has good mobility. May spend the next decade as vince's backup.

10. Caphorn

Caphorn Guest

Statistically productive in Coach Leech's scheme, but I wouldn't say he has particularly good mobility or throws particularly well on the run. In fact, the prior 2 Tech QBs were better than Cody. I like the kid, but I wouldn't expect him to overtake Volek or even compete with Mauck. Hopefully, he can catch on in Europe.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar