tyrone calico

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titansman10, Apr 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

odd, because i thought he stayed around local pretty often. He wasn't at hot spots that much.

2. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

It was his wheels..

Nobody in their right mind can say that the calico of 2003 and 2004 preseason is the same guy who averaged 9 yards a catch in 05. He had no explosiveness at all after those injuries.

Prior to the injuries he averaged 20 yards everytime he caught the ball in regular and preseason games. He was having a great preseason until the roy williams horse collar and yes he was brought back way too soon in that monday night packer game.

3. Tackhead #9

Tackhead #9 Harder, better, faster, stronger

Still regretting calling my Animal Crossing DS town Calicove. I really agree though that, among other things, Ty just didn't want it enough. Sure he became a lacklustre player, but he could've worked hard to have at least reached average. But nope, he just threw in the towel.

4. dontdraftcutler

dontdraftcutler Downing Sucks. Kelly sucks even more.

that turd Roy Williams...I've hated him ever since that chicken crap horsecollar tackle that ended Calico's career. The horse collar rule is in place because of Roy Williams.

5. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

I can't believe we have resurrected another Calico thread.

Fisher said it best when commenting about a thrown ball that bounced off his FACEMASK in practice- I'm paraphrasing but it was something like "You just can't be a NFL receiver and let something like that happen."

I'd agree the head controls the hands and maybe it was his injury and work ethic that didn't allow his hands to develop.

6. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

The injuries didn't help but he wasn't catching three-yard slants with consistency when he was 100% healthy. Dig through some old articles and you'll find he was on the sidelines because of his inability to catch the balls he should well before he was hurt.

7. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

In other words he isn't much smarter than Pacman and basically let all that natural talent go to waste. Considering he didn't get paid the kind of money that Pac got during his short stay in the NFL I'd assume he will be working at McDonalds in the near future. What a waste. What little bit of sympathy I may have had for Ty is gone now.

8. oilerstruck

oilerstruck Hall of Fame

Where is he now anyway? Let him come to camp and see if he can make the team.

9. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

If Calico still had game he'd be playing somewhere in the NFL right now and not collecting DUIs in the middle of the night.

10. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

yeah I wonder what the broken leg count is up to now

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar