TV Show Thread

Discussion in 'Movies/TV' started by Gunny, Oct 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

It's frustrating because it could easily be a much, much better show. But it's a mess because they constantly have way too much going on. None of the villains get the attention they deserve as there's always 9 different storylines going on.

It's been on the verge of cancelation a lot though. So I'm thinking the writers have just panicked and tried to fit everything in to the time they have. Sounds more likely than not this will be the last season.

2. Doc

Doc Pro Bowler

I stopped watching that after they made the Penguin gay. Has nothing to do with whether or not I believe it is ok or not to be gay but just more that I'm just tired of it being forced down people's throats. There's no reason to even make the penguin's sexual orientation a plot line. But I'll stop before this goes to taboo

3. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Fwiw that was only lightly touched upon and then never again. I agree though it was totally unnecessary.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. Doc

Doc Pro Bowler

That's good to know.

5. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

Are we still doing "phrasing"?...because referring to a homosexual character as being shoved down your throat or lightly touched upon but never again....sheesh...

..anyway, I haven't been following Gotham closely, but occasionally check in, and yeah, it looks like it goes through excessive shark jumping. What they did with Leigh really grinds my gears because none of that is who she is. Not sure how I feel about the writers' realization that Ivy needed some serious fast-forwarding to be relevant. I will say that despite some writing fails, Robin Lord Taylor is definitely the star of the show and is the only one holding it together. Even Gordon has become an irritatiing anti-hero who seems to have adopted the Batman growl full time.

• LOL LOL x 1
  6. RTH

RTH Meh...

Penguin and, at times, Riddler are great.

7. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

The Leigh thing is really bizarre, and frankly stupid AF. But they have a habit of doing stupid stuff like that. It's like they can't just let any character go away or fall into the background. So when their story comes to what would be a logical conclusion they throw some crazy wrench in there to keep them around. See: Barbara. See: Butch. I'm sure there are others I just can't think of at the moment.

Anyway, that's partly what I was referring to when I said they have way too much going on at any given time. They end up inventing new, often completely absurd, storylines for these characters so now the show is the convoluted mess that it is. The ratings have been bad for awhile and this kind of crap doesn't help. I'd hate to be a potential new viewer trying to make heads or tails of wtf is going on with this show right now.

This show is sorta similar to Walking Dead for me in that I recognize the plethora of issues with it but I just kept watching for some reason. The difference I guess is Gotham is still fun to me. WD got to be a chore and I finally threw in the towel on that one at the beginning of this most recent season.

8. 520

520 2020 GOAT CHAMP from 3-7 to champ

I really enjoyed every season up to the whole dr strange mutant thing and lil Brucey batmanning it up already y

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. Passepartout

Passepartout April Showers!

Well if you are a fan of Scandal it will be the last show forever in the series finale on ABC. It is also one of the most tweeted ever! Enjoy the finale!

10. RTH

RTH Meh...

I should finish season 1 of Lost in Space later today... I have no idea where it's going or how it will lead into season 2 but I've gone from enjoying it to loving it.

It's so well done!

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar