TV Show Thread

Discussion in 'Movies/TV' started by Gunny, Oct 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

@VondyP you were right about the final season of Bates Motel

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. RTH

RTH Meh...

Enjoying Lost in Space, 3 episodes in.

3. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

Is it good?... or just not dog squeeze?

4. RTH

RTH Meh...

I have no attachment to the original and the movie is bad.

It's well done, well acted and so on... Not amazing, but good.

On 4th episode now.

5. avvie

I watched the first episode last night... it is good. Very interesting re-imagining of it.

6. RTH

RTH Meh...

It gets better in my opinion... 5 episodes in.

Frankly, what gets me is that it's a visually well done show. No real cheap effects.

7. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

I've been watching Roseanne. I really dug the 2-episode opener but now I'm wondering if it was just nostalgia clouding my judgment. It's been okay but it's honestly not something I'd be watching if it weren't characters I was so familiar with.

Not sure if anyone here is watching Gotham. It's been silly as hell but a lot of fun. I don't think I've ever been so into a show with writing this god awful. Again, probably just has to do with the familiar characters as I'm a Batman fanboy.

8. avvie

Nostalgia seems to be clouding the industry, as there's a rash of 90's retreads coming. The MAGAbots will be showing their azz over the return of Murphy Brown, so enjoy their Rosanne-fapping while you can. But I guess this isn't really new...Happy Days and Mash were nostalgia hits, and we've had That 70's/80's/90's/Last Wednesday Show....and I think Ozzy and Harriet made a temporary reprise? Oh and the godawful Gilligans Island Rescue special....

9. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Yeah I think it's always been a thing. There's just a lot more of it at this point in time as there's a lot more entertainment in general being produced these days. From a marketing/monetary standpoint, I get it. These companies already own the rights to this stuff so they figure why not. And they know folks like me who were kids in the 80s/90s are going to be suckers for the nostalgia.

10. RTH

RTH Meh...

Find myself watching Gotham like I did Smallville... after the first 3, or so, seasons it became awful.

However... Gotham isn't awful... just should end because it's a mess.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar