TV Show Thread

Discussion in 'Movies/TV' started by Gunny, Oct 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RTH

RTH Meh...

With Bob and David came out a few years ago... I don't think there will be another season.

No idea when the "2nd Season" of Attack on Titan will come to Netflix.

Voltron is legit.

2. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

I used to watch the old voltrons as a kid. I watched the first episode of the new ones and it just felt different. Maybe I'll give it another try.

I dont think bob and David are going to have another season either, shame. I don't think the birthday boys will either, also bob odenkirk.

3. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

About to start this.

Not sure how far in you are but it really starts to hook you around episode 4. I felt the same way about it being just okay when I was only a couple episodes in. But then I really got into it and was sad when it was over. Wanted more.

If you haven't watched GLOW check that out. I really really liked that one too.

Netflix is killing it with the shows. The monthly subscription is a steal for their shows alone imo.

4. HurrayTitans!

Glow is good. Forgot to list that one.

I agree. I also watch a lot of their exclusive movies and documentaries. They get the 30 for 30's late, but that's where I've watched most of them.

Maybe I'll try rewatching verything sucks but I just didn't buy the wierd dynamics anyway. The "cool" and scary kids were in drama club? The seniors to freshman all hung out? I get it, it's a small town and school but that's not how most schools go. i just didn't really buy into the main couple characters as all that interesting.

5. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

It definitely has some issues. But I didn't really have a problem with them all hanging out together because I felt it was explained in a fairly believable way. The freshmen were getting harassed by the older kids at first but then the whole movie idea brought them together.

The lead girl really stole the show for me. Thought she nailed that role to a T. I was saying to my wife I wonder if she's a lot like that in real life because if not she's a pretty fantastic young actress. The dad played the comic relief role well imo.

One of those shows that doesn't do any one thing amazingly well yet it all comes together in an interesting way. My opinion anyway.

6. Dee

Dee Pro Bowler

You guys are sleeping on Taboo tho.

• LOL LOL x 1
  7. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

@HurrayTitans! I watched S2 of Attack On Titan on Crunchyroll a while back...and lemme tell ya, S2 is brutal!

Watched a couple of One Punch Man eps; wasn't for me. I like the concept but it wore thin quick for me.

There's a new one on Netflix- Devilman Crybaby- and it is totally not safe for family viewing!...it's a hard R, bordering on X (lots of graphic sex). Animation style is psychedelic. I watched about three episodes and it's....interesting.

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

So I haven't seen Black Panther yet, but finally started watching Black Lightening. Two eps in, and it's thankfully not as nerfy as other CW DC shows so far. There's a lot of MLK and Lean On Me vibe with the lead, and the baddies just straight up murder right and left. Diggin the ol skool soul soundtrack. Of course there's always the one selfish character tryna stop a vigilante from doin his thang...always gotta be a buzzkill in these shows somewhere...

9. HurrayTitans!

I may check that out. Crunchyroll isn't too bad at 7.00 a month and one of my daughters love watching anime. Just gotta be careful which ones.
    I see it has attack on Titan: junior high, must be a flash back to when the main characters were younger.

10. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Yea watched the whole season over the weekend

That kid Luke seems like he's going places as an actor, he makes the viewer feel like they're there with him.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar