Turner...or no Turner

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by dontdraftcutler, Apr 27, 2007.

?

Turner or no Turner

Poll closed May 2, 2007.
  1. Yes

21 vote(s)
    63.6%
  2. No

12 vote(s)
    36.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanBlitz

TitanBlitz Camp Fodder

Turner is a baller...We need more ballers. Pull the trigger.

2. ZELL22

ZELL22 Starter

He's the only real person that MR has shown any interest in. So, If San Diego doesn't front on us, and ask for our first born, then yes, he will be a Titan.

3. Nine

Nine Starter

That's just the thing: one of the team's biggest needs is RB. Another RB isn't something that would be nice....it's absolutely imperative, and vital to the success of the Titans' offense.

I like Lendale as much as the next guy, and I have faith that he'll put it together....but the truth of the matter is, we've seen nothing to suggest that he'll be ready to carry the load this year.

Not to say that he can't, or that he won't....I'm just saying that I wouldn't bet the house on it. And if the Titans go into the season expecting 20-25 carries per game from Lendale, then that's exactly what they're doing.....basing the entire season on a single leap of faith.

(OTOH....if Lendale flops and the Titans stink it up this year, at least that would give them a shot at Darren McFadden in '08. ;) )

4. JMB54

JMB54 Waitin on a Win!

I hope we can pull off a friendly trade with SD for Turner. Turner and White, along with Hall, IMO will be a heck of a backfield.

5. Ewker

Ewker Starter

I agree with you. The Titans drafted him for a reason but I wonder if he has done something that has made them wonder if he is the one. If the Titans think he is the one then I don't believe they would have ever been in the Turner talks.

6. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

For me, the one most important thing for the Titans offense is running the football. We saw last year how effective having someone make 25 carries for 100+ a game was. Young could have a horrible game passing and the Titans would stay in the game. It's the best friend of a passing game and a defense.

If the coaching staff feels Lendale is the real deal, they won't need Turner and can pick up someone who fits what Chow wants in the third-down/change of pace RB in the fourth or bring back Chris Brown for a season.

If the coaching staff has serious concerns that Lendale can be the guy, then they may never get a better opportunity to get someone to make the Titans a powerful running team for the next few seasons and it's worth it.

Personally, I don't see how the coaching staff can conclude either one based on what has happened so far based on what we've seen and whether or not the deal goes down depends on there being a player the Chargers want at #19 (who they know won't be there at #30) and/or a value not being there at #19 for the Titans.

7. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

The only concern I have with acquiring Turner is the financial commitment the Titans will have to make to him. Turner is going to want big money, he’d likely become the second highest paid Titan. It’s almost akin to the Texans trading for Schaub and signing him to a big money contract (a deal that was met by quite a bit of scorn here). I’m not saying that acquiring Turner would be a mistake, I’m just not so sure it’s a slam dunk no brainer either.

8. DCtitan49

DCtitan49 Guest

when we drafted lendale we had no intention to give him the starting job at this rate of his immaturity and this early, hes fat. plain and simple.

9. formerphinfan

formerphinfan Camp Fodder

for his speed and power running to a buffet

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar