Turner better than Travis Henry????

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitansCountry25, Apr 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bobo

Bobo Guest

Henry, a guy who Zach Thomas said was the hardest guy in the league to tackle, has never wowed anyone? Power doesn't wow you? Henry broke tackles and stiff armed guys to the ground so many times. Generic style? His low center of gravity, hard to take down style is not common.

I have been wowed by some of Turner's runs, but I haven't seen many....and who really has other than little highlight clips? I think he may have more potential than Henry because he has more speed. And I'd like to get him if the price is reasonable.

2. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

If Henry was the hardest guy to tackle in the league, Turner's the hardest guy to tackle on earth. Henry's stats don't show anything that impressive either. His power is nothing compared to turner's. He doesn't move piles. He doesn't bowl over people. He does use the stiff-arm well, but honestly that's about all. There are at least 15 other T-Henry's in the league floating around.

3. cld12pk2go

cld12pk2go Starter

Waiting for the Chuck Norris references in 3...2....1.......

:ha:

4. ammotroop

ammotroop Airforce MAN

Henry def wowed me. He is a great RB, just too much of a risk...Turner is something I would like to see!

5. Bobo

Bobo Guest

Are you just going by stats, or have you seen much of Henry? I wouldn't say he's a pile mover either, but he's got a unique type of power. He won't wow anyone with speed or shiftiness (although he's got a decent blend of both), but the unique ability to shed tracklers and throw many to the ground is not something I've seen in many other backs. This has been his strong point since college.

How much of Turner have you really seen? I somehow doubt many non Charger fans have seen enough to give much of an opinion.

6. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

You guys are insane. Henry is a beast.

7. PickledMidget

PickledMidget Camp Fodder

I think alot of Henry's success was due to our Offensive Line. Henry did nothing until the Colts game where he had 123 yards and then the next game against the Skins he had 178. Didn't Pillar get hurt in that time Frame?

To sum it up.....our O Line is going to be great next year. With Vince rushing and whoever in the backfield getting carries, we are for sure to be a Top 5 Rushing Team this coming year.

I don' t care who we get at reciever if we get Turner.

8. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

My feelings as well. With Turner, Lendale and VY we would be able to really keep the chains moving on the ground. We also have a very good TE tandem in Troupe and Scaife. So the WRs won't be called on to be huge game breakers. They will get the advantage of working against defenses that are focusing mainly on the run.

9. Sledge

Sledge Guest

Most people don't remember 2005 obviously. He put up good numbers there, he's a burner (hence the nick), and played behind a shaky OL with who at QB? We got a better OL than SD's in 05 and we have Vince, who warrants more attention from inside backers and safeties than any puppet the Bolts ever put behind center...

10. Sledge

Sledge Guest

Yeah, he looked like a beast against Miami last year :gag: ... Henry is the type of RB who needs a stud OL to succeed. Turner needs a OL, period, and more PT...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar