Tunsil vs. Stanley

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by titanthakur, Mar 3, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chronos

Chronos Pro Bowler

Not sure he grades out for that early. Most scouting reports I have seen have him 4th or 5th round. He's been tagged with some attitude/effort issues which if true, are not the mold of a Mularkey and Robinson player. Admittedly, I didn't watch him so am dependent on what I learn from others. I have a friend whose son scouts for an NFC team, and another who works for The Panthers, so I am trusting what I hear.

2. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

Interesting....I always wondered why non of us have some direct connections to the Titans...That would be nice right about now lol

3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

4th round?!?!

where in the world did you see that?

if this kid isn't taken in the first 2 rounds Id be pretty surprised.

4. JCBRAVE

funny thing is those who have claimed to have inside knowledge/connections to the team have never done anything but be wrong here lol

if youve been around the block a few times you kinda figure things out on your own and dont need insider info, most of what we hear from the combine to the draft is BS anyways. Teams put out all kinds of trash to hopefully get a guy they like to slide.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

Yeah I agree with that....Lot of smoke

6. Chronos

Chronos Pro Bowler

This is absolutely true in regards to smoke at draft time. Watch all the connections to banned substances or he parties all the time and crap start rolling out. Late drafting teams are like presidential candidates when it comes to saying crap they hope pushes a guy down. If you can get your hands on Blesto or National scouting reports, they tend to be fairly accurate. I like National better than Blesto. Ourlads Guide also isn't bad and that one is easy to obtain although pricey - but they even have newsletter updates for the hardcore draft junkie.

7. JCBRAVE

I dont care much for the scouts opinions TBH, I have access to enough game film to form my own opinions. When Ifedi loses the initial punch (which he does) he quickly recovers and keeps his man from doing anything. So what if he sometimes gets beat off the line, he's 330lbs with 36" arms, unless a pass rusher is clocking a 4.4 they just cant get all the way around him to make an impact.

Diverting the pass rush around the play is just as effective as blocking it up perfect, scouts are trying their hardest to get this kid on their team by putting out negative reports, but Im not falling for it

Robinson likes versatile players, this guy is as versatile as a linemen gets..

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

Not to mention...it's pretty easy to see where we are going in this draft.

9. Chronos

Chronos Pro Bowler

Yeah, but I am not sure he isn't really guard. I need to do what you did and just watch some film on the guy. The scouts I know have value in their opinions as they do indicate where teams might view a prospect's draft slot. And Ifedi has run the gauntlet from late first to Denver or Seatle to 4th because of technique and effort concerns. Only one real way to know....

10. JCBRAVE

The tape of him as a Tackle stacks up, I could see him being a 1st round Guard or a 2nd round Tackle.

we could use him in either spot since we have needs at each position

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar