Try this trade senario with the Raiders

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by danny, Apr 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. danny

danny Guest

This works if the Titans are positive that the Jets are not in the market for a QB with their pick at #4 or they have Cutler rated close to Leinart or Young. The Raiders would love a shot at either Leinart or Young.

Trade back to Oakland's pick (#7) and get Oakland's 2nd and 3rd rounders this year or this year's 2nd and next year's 1st rounder. The Titans can then pick up a QB at #7 and add some quality depth later on in the draft's later rounds or control next year's first round with two picks as well as getting an additional first day pick this year. One of those three QB's will be there at #7 and chances are, if the Jets go will either the DE or the OT, two of the QB's will still be there.

It all depends how much Reese likes any of the QB's over each other.

2. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

I think Reese leans toward Young.
    What does your Magic 8-ball see then?

3. danny

danny Guest

Oakland would have to guarantee Reese they were moving up for Leinart. With that senario, I could see it happening. It could very easily play out like that with Al Davis wanting to sell tickets keeping Leinart in Southern California.

4. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Except Oakland is in Northern California. ;)

5. ... and then Al announces that he is moving back to LA again...

6. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Jeff, always the smart*** hey?

I think the Titans would have to like all 3 QB's equally to go for this trade, because even if NO and NYJ doen't draft QB's, you have no guarantee that Miami or Minnesota won't trade up into GB's or SF's spot to land a QB.

7. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Always.

8. I'd have no problem with the Titans trading down if they like all 3 evenly and all 3 are there when we are on the clock. I would hate to move down and lose all of them, but I would think that 3 QBs won't all go between #3 and #6.

9. danny

danny Guest

Okay Starkiller, you're Reese. How do you have the three QB's rated and what would it take you to trade out of #3 down to #7?

10. danny

danny Guest

I can't see either from Jersey. It's all West Coast to me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar