Troy Polamalu Int?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by #90, Jan 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

#90 Camp Fodder

Can anyone explain the refs reasoning on the Troy Polamalu Int??

2. super_titan

super_titan Camp Fodder

The Refs couldnt let the Golden Boy throw a INT.

3. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

this is what you'll hear when the nfl netowrk has the head of officiating on wednesday to talk about questionable calls.

"well you see here rich, what we want to do in this particular situation is make sure that peyton and his high powered offense makes it to the super bowl. so we just decided that at that moment in the game, we should give the rule book a little tweak."

"in my opinion, the official made the correct call."

4. KobeChaz

KobeChaz Guest

That's funny man. I was just thinking of NFL Total Access and how the interview will go down. When the official came back to the field to announce the ruling. He said something similar to, "the defender lost the ball before he got his knee off the ground". Isn't that the total opposite of making a catch. I can't wait to see how Mike Pereira justifys that B.S. call. Hopefully Rich will then ask him about the non-pass interference call earlier in the game.

5. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

This is going to be a great thread I can tell already.

6. Canadian Titan

Canadian Titan VY & CJ = New SM & EG

The Refs were horrible this weekend, with that call, and also the Pass Interference against the Patriots Samuels!

7. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

So let me get this straight, if he stays on the ground rolling around it's a pick, but because he tries to get up it's incomplete. It isn't even logical. It makes absolutely no sense. You penalize the player for making a play in that situation. Not only that, but if he gets up and fumbles that makes the game more exciting. There is no point to it from my perspective. The other rule I dislike in the endzone-fumble-touchback rule. That has got to go. It came up three times this weekend. I understand the theory of it, but it really penalizes anyone trying to make TD and sticking the ball out there. They aren't trying to fumble on purpose. They are trying to score. Let the players play. They are common sense calls. Yet, the rulebook is screwing them over.

8. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

Maybe it's if Peyton throws it it's not a pick if it's challenged? :brow:

9. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

I think the Indy game really needs to be looked into and some heads need to roll. There were way too many blown calls that all seemed to be one sided (with the exception of that false start... let's not even mention that haha).

10. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

I had this posted on another thread, I liked it so much I'm posting it here: lol

Originally Posted by GoT
    Code-Blue to Ptag: the Pearl is in the Liver. REPEAT. The Pearl is in the Liver. OVER

Ptag to Code-Blue: Keep to the Master Plan. One post on GoTitans.com will not scuttle the Master Plan. OVER

Code-Blue to Ptag: Master Plan Zebra Blue still a GO.

Ptag: EXPLAIN Failure of Master Plan Zebra Blue!

Code-Blue: Master Plan Zebra Blue got a late start but did make an appearance in the first half with the no call on the obvious pass interference and another no call on the 9:00+ Blue Field Goal drive when Saturday tackled the NT by reaching up from the turff and pulling him down by his shoulder pads.

Ptag: started slow and picked up fine, but I need and explination for the ultimate failure of Master Plan Zebra Blue!

Code-Blue: In the second half Master Plan Zebra Blue was running smoothly. Master Plan Zebra Blue erased an obvious interception.

Ptag: BRILLIANT!

Code-Blue: It goes without saying that the Colt offensive linemen were allowed post set movement. Master Plan Zebra Blue was used successfully to thwart an ovbious Colt offsides as the referee just ignored the whole play.

Code-Blue: Manning did not make it easy by diving into the endzone for an obvious sack. Master Plan Zebra Blue to the rescue as the ball was spotted at the 1 yard line.

Code-Blue: There was a problem with the linesman and he will have to be dealt with. Those consecutive 4th down spots were inexcusiable.

Ptag: Reassign him to the SunBelt.

Code-Blue: His plane has already been been diverted to North Texas. The referee might have missed a Rothesburger fumble also, I recommend he be reassigned to Hentak's crew.

Ptag: Done. Now please explain the ultimate failure of Master Plan Zebra Blue!

Code-Blue: At the core of Master Plan Zebra Blue was the assumption that Peyton Manning would not choke in the playoffs. The plan was doomed from the beginning Ptag.

Ptag: Get the Castrated One on the phone and see what "rules emphasis" he requires going forward.

Code-Blue: For starters the Castrated One needs QB tackles to be outlawed.

Ptag: Whatever the Castrated One wants!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar