troupe vs. witten

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by mrfatface, Sep 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

2. Nine

Nine Starter

Let's not mistake flash for substance, here.

I've seen both guys....Witten is the better all-around TE. Better hands, more dependable, etc. There's a reason the guy went to the Pro Bowl....dude is legit.

But in no way does this diminish Troupe's ability...he's just an altogether different player. Now that Chow has finally started figuring out how to best utilize Troupe's ability, we'll start seeing a lot more big plays from him. (Hopefully no more of those useless TE screens). And like I said before, once Troupe gets the ball in his hands, he's absolutely lethal...even better than Gates and Gonzales, IMO. It's just a matter of giving him the opportunity. (Personally, I'd call his number no less than 4-6 times per game, just so he can make things happen.)

3. Laserjock

Laserjock South Endzone Rocks! Staff

4. LT21Titans27

LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

at least he doesnt fumble on the one yard line in a close game

5. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Is this a joke?

Why are we having this discussion?

Witten is clearly better at this point. My goodness the guy almost had 1000 yards in 2004 and has made 2 pro bowls.:rolleyes:

Troupe has barely showed up so far this season and scaife has become our go to guy. Scaife has more than twice the catches(7 to 3) and almost twice the yardage. Troupe hasn't scored a touchdown yet either.

Troupe has ability and was very good down the stretch last year but comparing him to a 2 time pro bowl player is assinine.

A better comparison might be witten vs calico since witten was sitting right there obviousy available when we picked calico at the end of the 2nd rd in the 2003 draft.

6. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Nine..

I agree with everything you say but one thing about troupe is that he never catches the ball down field. We can't blame that entirely on chow. All his best plays are 7-8 yard catches with 10-15 yac. Now that scaife is in his second year and improving troupe's biggest problem will be sharing catches with him.

That might be the debate for now. Scaife vs troupe. Forget where they were drafted.

7. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Right now, I'd give up two Troupes for one Whitten.

Gone are the days I say a player is "better" until they produce.

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

We could have Jerry Rice in his prime and it wouldn't matter with the offense.

9. Ewker

Ewker Starter

I like Troupe and Scaife. I think Scaife will be the better of the two in the long run though. But neither come close to Witten at this time.

10. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Jeff...

Gone are the days I say a player is "better" until they produce.
    ------------------

No single line from any post could be more true..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar