Troupe or Scaife?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by OswegoTitan41, Jun 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ammotroop

ammotroop Airforce MAN

I like Bo alot last year. I think he will step up big this year.

2. The Mrs

The Mrs Crush on Casey Starbucks!

I like Troupe better. From what I understand, he's had some injuries that slowed him down a lot in the past years. He's completely healed and healthy and ready to make a serious impact. Besides, he's really a sweet guy, says that he's a Born again Christian and I've never seen him do anything that would betrray his good guy status.

My girl friends and I will says, " I could get drunk and naked around him, he's such a good guy." Now if I got drunk and naked around Scaife, I think there would be an "incident". He's kind of like RiverDaddy.

3. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

VY will help us win many games during his career by doing what comes natural to him like what happened in Houston at OT. He will use both his arms and his legs (more than most QBs) yet he might never be a top 5 passer in the league during any single season of his career. The style of play i have embedded in my mind is that of VY being most comfortable with minor gains while hogging the TOP and fighting for the win.

Taking advantage of his short yardage strengths and bringing in a TE who can catch 5-7 passes on any given sunday should lead us to more wins than forcing him to pass for 20+ yards to our unproven wideouts..

I've seen enough from VY to say he's a good passer, but to put him in the same boat as Tom Brady or Peyton Manning would be an overstatement.

We don't need NE type WRs to win games; as a matter of fact they would be under utilized in our offensive scheme and would be considered a waste of talent.. yet i'd rather we combine a good WR with an excellent dependable playmaking TE and FB over any two top tier wideouts in the league.

I don't think anyone including Fisher is expecting VY to pass for 300+ yards and 3-4 TD per game.

4. Bulluckfan

Bulluckfan Camp Fodder

Could we hear more about Elfin getting drunk and naked?

Oh...sorry...got distracted. I like Troupe. I think he has all-pro talent that he hasn't yet lived up to. Part of that is the QBs he's worked with, and part of it is his difficulty in learning our offense and part is his injuries. At least 2 of those things should be fixed now, and I think Young will improve too. Troupe is fantastic after the catch. We just need him to get the ball in the open field so he can make a move. He's VERY hard to take down, and he fights for every yard. I really expect great things out of him this season.

5. bulluck4dMVP

bulluck4dMVP Pro Bowler

Both play important roles in this offense so if I really had to choose, I'd take Goof-Troupe.

6. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Scaife is more a prototypical NFL TE who can catch and block so I expect Scaife to get more plays and Troupe to get alot of work in 2 TE sets. Troupe will have to prove he is too much of a weapon to keep off the field to get more playing time and he will have to become more consistent as a blocker. They obviously feel very comfortable with Scaife when he is in there.

7. Titans10&25

Titans10&25 Camp Fodder

I think that Troupe is a great athlete, but he just hasn't showed me anything yet. Now don't get me wrong I hope that he turns into a Pro Bowl TE because he truly is good and I'm sure that the injuries were set backs in his production so hopefully this will be his breakout yr. As of right now I'm going to have to go with Scaife. He just really impressed me last yr. Like someone said before he did have really good chemistry with VY and I'm not saying it because of that pitch, but they had really good timing with each other and Scaife just looks like a hard worker. All in all I hope that both have great seasons because I know that Chow will have a few little tricks up his sleeve dealing a little more to do with our TE's because we don't have true proven WR's. Right now it's Scaife.

8. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

I think it's interesting that this thread starts "based on what we've seen this offseason." We haven't seen anything this offseason, from either. We'll see what happens at camp, but I don't think either is going to start with much advantage over the other. I'd love to see Troupe step up, but I think Scaife is more likely to do it.

9. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Jost do it 50/50. Both will have alot of playing time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar