Troupe or Scaife?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by OswegoTitan41, Jun 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OswegoTitan41

OswegoTitan41 Starter

based on what you've seen so far, who do you want starting at TE this season, I personally want Bo scaife

2. Troupe has more talent, but Scaife was more consistent

3. and Scaife seems to improvise with Young a bit better, remember that pitch when Vince was being sacked

4. RyansTitans

RyansTitans Guest

Troupe needs 1 more chance. But thats it. If he doesn't make an impact for the first 4-6 games then get Scaife in there.

Troupe has all the potential in the world to be among the top TE's.

5. Nine

Nine Starter

I'll give Troupe a bit of a pass for last year. Keep in mind, he never got to work with a decent passer; by the time Vince finally settled down and found his groove, Troupe was already done for the year. Up to that point, Vince was still a sub-50% passer.

That said....Troupe has always had a tendency to disappear for long stretches. Hopefully he and VY can develop a connection this year.....but I'm not holding my breath.

6. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Troupe has far more potential to be a star, so he's worth the gamble starting for 4-5 games to see what he does. But regardless of who starts, they're both going to see a lot of playing time.

7. JMB54

JMB54 Waitin on a Win!

I like Troupe for his after the catch skills but I think Bo is the better in run situations.

8. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

Bo Scaife since him and VY have more chemistry and Scaife is a very good pass catcher and his blocking is improving. It was good enough to put him at FB at times so I give Scaife the nod.

Both will see a lot of playing time regardless but I think scaife will have better numbers at years end.

9. talldrinko

talldrinko Guest

2 te sets

They will both see alot of time anyway ,so who starts doesnt really matter.
    trope will run the deeper routes .

10. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Similar players..

Either guy catches the ball down the field. I wouldn't predict major production from either because i think we are going to involve backs much more in the passing game. henry and hall. Hall has proven himself to be a solid blocker and receiver and that will mean fewer 2 TE sets. For that reason i think it will matter more who starts.

I think troupe will play more..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar