Troubled Players

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by GoodCat, Mar 6, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoodCat

GoodCat Starter

Every year there are players that have some sort of red flag that causes them to slip down the draft board. Talking character issues here from drug related problems to domestic violence or whatever it may be.

Some off the top of my head the last hand full of years... Tyrann Matheiu, Reuben Foster, Bradley Robey, Janoris Jenkins, Laremy Tunsil, Joe Mixon, Dorial Green-Beckham, Robert Nkemdiche, Randy Gregory etc..

Some end up having great careers and being absolute steals, and some just don’t pan out, but this tends to have a high risk/high reward factor.

JRob seems like the no nonsense type GM that might be hesitant to draft such a player with these concerns. But with what he has done with this roster, the Titans locker room might be a place that he may feel a little more comfortable drafting a player into these days.

Two guys that will be slipping down the board this year are John Kelly from Tennessee and Darren Carrington from Oregon/Utah. I’m sure most people are familiar with John Kelly on here, but maybe not Darren Carrington. All I can say is check out his tape. Good size, good speed and highly productive at both schools. Also had a great connection with Mariota early in his career at Oregon.

These are guys that could be available in rounds 5/6/7. Weren’t necessarily going to be early round guys to begin with but could be steals in the late rounds this year.

I wonder who will end up being this years Foster/Tunsil that falls early in the draft.

2. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

I don’t mind taking a risk with troubled players. However, these players need to be guys wanting to get out of those bad influences, and not looking to live their same life with a higher paycheck.

It’s hard to separate the Mathieu, Dez Bryant types from the Pac-Man types.

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  3. GoodCat

GoodCat Starter

Very true.. risk vs reward factor.

4. GoodCat

GoodCat Starter

Can run the short, intermediate and deep routes. Great hands, often not letting the ball get into his body. Decent RAC ability. Can go up and high point the ball and make the toe tapping sideline catches. Reminds me a whole lot of Martavis Bryant.

5. ICBW

ICBW MILF Hunter

John Kelly

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Hey! We agree!

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  7. altitan

altitan Pro Bowler

John Kelly is awesome. And if im not mistaken his only "problems" were mary Jane, which at this point who really cares? I mean people get parking tickets all the time.

• LOL LOL x 1
  8. ICBW

ICBW MILF Hunter

geniuses always argue but then reconcile.

9. Ten_Titans

Ten_Titans Pro Bowler

John Kelly is troubled?

10. GoodCat

GoodCat Starter

The kid got busted for drug possession. I’m not saying that makes him a troubled person. Hell I work on a medical marijuana farm for a living. I think it should be allowed for players to use rather than getting hooked on paid meds. But the reality is that it’s not allowed by the league, and players get suspended for failing drug test.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar