Treme

Discussion in 'Movies/TV' started by CRUDS, Apr 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Treme - starts next Sunday night.. I'm sure the few Wire/Corner fans here already have this on their calendar but I know there are also some Nola-folk here who might not know about this show. I expect nothing less than outstanding drama from Treme - made by the creators of The Wire and starring many of the great actors from that amazing show..

On a side note, I spent a long weekend in NYC the past few days. On the flight out I noticed the guy sitting two seats over from me was watching episode 1 of The Wire.. Dude looked a little familiar but I didn't pay much attention.. At Laguardia I noticed the dude had a driver waiting for him with the name "Simon" on the his card. Turned out it was David Simon, creator of The Wire. I wondered why he would be watching The Wire then it dawned on me that a few days earlier his co-writer David Mills had died on-set.. Possible that Simon was feeling retrospective since the death of his longtime friend.. Sad either way..

Check out Treme if you like great TV...

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/7Ie7wWHaU-8&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/7Ie7wWHaU-8&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

2. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

It's gotten rave reviews - extremely different look at an incredibly fascinating city. You know with the personnel involved it's going to be A+ superb.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

^No doubt.. You just know this show is gonna be real. Hopefully Simon & Co will finally start getting some page 1 credit..

4. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Tonight... 9pm Central

5. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

i was a little disappointed. i thought it was relatively boring. i'll give it a couple more weeks to see where it goes.

6. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

It was good. The show has a great deal of characters obviously, and the 80 minutes wasn't really enough. Not much happened, but I liked the atmosphere, I thought the acting was great (Goodman was superb, as was Wendell Pierce).

The show isn't a drama with action; it isn't The Wire, and it certainly isn't Generation Kill. It's a series about the culture of a very unique and storied city.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

The payoff in this type of show clearly comes over time.. It will develop slowly and pay off in dividends. Just seeing Wendell Pierce on-screen again is a joy..

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar