Travis Henry is a premier back in this league. Tell me where I'm wrong.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by SEC 330 BIPOLAR, Oct 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Mrs

The Mrs Crush on Casey Starbucks!

From what I understand(smirk), Travis said that when he came to camp last year, he had the mentality that he was the man. He had a tough camp and an even tougher year/season.

He worked hard during the offsesson, lost weight and came to camp with a new, hard working mentality. His new attitude and hard work is paying off. Goooo Cheese!

2. Snookus

Snookus YA DIGGGG

It's funny how at the beginning of the year we had too many running backs, but now we may need a new one.

And I've noticed the record thing since Miami, we've lost too many close games. It went from "we should be 2-1 right now" to 3-2, and now 4-2. At least we pulled out with a win this time.

Did anyone see Fisher after the game was over?

3. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

No, not really.

And fltitan, please,Brown got 3 carries, hardly enough to say anything about his ability in this game. Yes he limped of with what looked like an ankle after the option play, but he did come back to rush for a 4 yard gain later.

However, I don't understand why some people in here are willing to bet our future on either of Henry or White as our "feature" back, when we've only been able to run against poor defences so far. I hate to break it to you, but the Colt's run defence where in tatters before we played them and the Skins were playing with 2 rookie DT's up front. Personally I'd keep all 3 RB's in rotation until I see that any of them can get it done against a good defence., but so far I think we need to draft a RB if we're not happy with alternating RB's like we're doing now.

4. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

FWIW, Henry is currently 7th in the AFC in rushing yards. Not too shabby considering he has shared carries and hasn't even been active for all the games. He has more yards on less carries than Fred Taylor, Larry Johnson, Jamal Lewis, and Lamont Jordan.

5. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

I saw Chris Brown get a handoff, run into the pile, get spun around nearly 180 degrees and then look to Vince like he wanted to pitch the ball back like it was some kind of school yard flea flicker. :sad2:

6. Sledge

Sledge Guest

More negativity. Why can't you take it for what it is? Henry has stepped it up the last two games, and on the road to boot. Now, we can't expect 178 yards every week, but at least he's showing he can carry the load, and frankly, he was a stud in Buffalo before he got hurt and maybe he's finally turned the corner. Funny how his performances coincide with Piller's injury. Having Bell at G and Stewart at RT makes a world of a difference.

Trade Brown now, for whatever you can get. Trade him to Oakland for a 3rd or a 4th. Then package those 4ths for another 2nd. That's how you build a winner.

7. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

That is EXACTLY what I'm doing. Unlike a lot of other people I see this as good performance by Henry in 2 games against questionable opposition, nothing more, nothing less. For stated reasons I'm not ready to dump Brown or White, just like I'm not ready to keep Thompson after 1 or 2 good games.

8. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

most impressive is that TH got over 100 in the second half when Williams had to know that the Titans were gonna run. Rookie DTs or not that was a good job by TH and the OL.

9. zackmann

zackmann Guest

ya, i saw that too...i actually thought he was going to pitch it back to vince...

i also didn't like one of brown's runs in the 4th quarter...after henry got some hard earned run on the sideline, brown came in for 1 play...he ran the same kind of cut back play that henry had been tearing up all game long and it looked like brown would get a first, but got pulled down after ~3 yards...henry would have gotten the first....

to hell with brown...

10. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Not a bad post until the childish tirade at the end.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar