Trap Game?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Thaddeus43, Nov 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

6 or 7 wins from now til the end isn't impossible. That could be enough to sneak in to the playoffs.

LOL who am I kidding, we're not making the F-ing playoffs... :gaah:

2. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

Baltimore has the 29th ranked passing D ... and they are down to 1 starting CB.

If the Titans OL can STOP THE FREAKING PENALTIES, then I think that we could really see Mett put up some good numbers through the air.

Baltimore has a pretty good offense and run defense though, so if we want to win this game, it will probably be from winning a shoot out.

3. Wolverine

Wolverine Starter

Currently KC and the Steelers are in play for the wildcard spots. If we win out this season and finish with the same record as KC, Steelers, or Baltimore we win the tie-breaker.

4. JCBRAVE

sounds like a plan, lets do it.

5. JCBRAVE

Youre doing what the players probably do, and looking at Baltimore's weak spots. We're not in position to expect anything will come easy. Im hopeful our team is coming into these next 8 games as if they're playoff games, because one slip up and our playoff hopes go from slim to not existing.

6. Wolverine

Wolverine Starter

We could only hope that is how the season plays out, we all know the reality.

7. JCBRAVE

4 of the next 8 games are winnable on paper, if we just steal a game or 2 no one expects us to win, we're right where we need to be.

8. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

I feel dumb for even entertaining the notion of the Titans making the playoffs this year, but I'm bored so who cares ...

AFC East
    Pats (7-2); Prediction (13-3)
    Bills (5-3);Prediction (8-8)
    Dolphins (5-3); Prediction (9-7)
    Jets (1-8) ; Prediction (3-13)

Pats basically have this division locked up with the way they are playing right now, it would be best for us if they just win a bunch of games. Jets are essentially eliminated having already had 8 losses. Even if they were to win out, they probably don't make the playoffs.

Bills and Dolphins still have to play each other (guaranteed loss for on of them). And they each still play DEN and NE (almost automatic losses) as well as a couple games against other potential WC teams. I see both of those teams no better than 9-7 at the end of the year.

AFC North
    Bengals (5-2-1); Prediction (10-5-1)
    Steelers (6-3); Prediction (11-5)
    Browns (5-3): Prediction (9-7)
    Ravens (5-4); Prediction (10-6)

This is one tough division to call. Bengals are in the lead, but the still have to play Pit and CLE twice. Ravens are at the bottom, but have a pretty easy schedule to finish the year. Really the Titans chances could hinge on this division (if we were to win out). Losses to the Bengals and Browns could really hurt. We would need to make that up by getting huge upsets the next 2 weeks. And then hope that the bengals win out and the browns start losing.

AFC West
    Broncos (6-2); Prediction (13-3)
    Chiefs (5-3); Prediction (9-7)
    Chargers (5-4); Prediction (8-8)
    Raiders (0-8); Prediction (2-14)

Raiders are basically out, and I think we can all assume the Broncos will win the division. Chargers looked the part early on in the season, until you realize they took advantage of the easiest 3 game stretch in the history of the NFL (Jags, Jets, @Oak ... a combined 2-24 record). Then the beat down they just took makes me think they are pretenders.

The win week 1 against the Chiefs would prove to be very helpful (maybe Jake did at least 1 thing to help this franchise)

AFC South
    Colts (6-3); Prediction (10-6)
    Texans (4-5); Prediction (8-8)
    Titans (2-6); Prediction (?-?)**
    Jags (1-8); Prediction (3-13)

Lets face it, Colts will probably win this division. It would be best for them to just start winning games against AFC opponents (although I still can't bring myself to root for them).

Texans are pretenders in my mind. Fitz will find a way to lose games down the stretch, and their schedule doesn't get easy either (still have Browns, Bengals, Colts, Ravens to name a few). I easily see them drop 3 games.

Basically I would see the playoffs looking like this:

#1 - Pats (13-3)
    #2 - Broncos (13-3)
    #3 - Steelers (11-5)
    #4 - Colts (10-6)
    #5 - Bengals (10-5-1)
    #6 - Ravens (10-6)

In the hunt

Dolphins (9-7)
    Browns (9-7)
    Chiefs (9-7)

**BUT, you may have noticed that I left the Titans prediction blank. That is because I assumed they would continue to suck and pretty much gave a win to the other teams in my 'prediction' if the Titans were on their schedule. HOWEVER, the premise of this was assuming the Titans somehow, against all odds, turn the ship around. So that itself would bring the records of a couple teams down potentially (for instance, I gave the Steelers, Ravens, Texans, Colts all wins over the Titans, but if the Titans were to turn it around, then those predictions would change more favorably for the Titans)

Therefore, I could realistically see the Titans still having a shot at sneaking into the playoffs with a 9-7 record. Basically we would need to split the Ravens/Steelers, and win the rest.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar