TRAINING CAMP BATTLE #6 - Starting RE

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Carpy, Jun 28, 2007.

?

Who will be our starting RE?

Poll closed Jun 30, 2007.
  1. Travis LaBoy

34.6%
  2. Antwan Odom

57.7%
  3. Sean Conover

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Jacob Ford

7.7%
  5. Josh Savage

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

Two horse race?

2. Odom (if he can stay healthy). LaBoy is a pass rusher, not an every down DE.

3. bulluck4dMVP

bulluck4dMVP Pro Bowler

Odom by far.

4. Bobo

Bobo Guest

Odom hasn't done as much as LaBoy, and hasn't looked like a much better guy against the run to me. I'll give LaBoy the nod, although I want a big battle here instead of waiting on Odom's potential to show up consistently.

5. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

LaBoy has more experience at this point, but if Odom can play like he usually does -- like in the preseason -- he would probably get it. We desperately need his playmaking potential fulfilled across from KVB.

Upon further review, LaBoy could make a pretty decent 3-4 LB. If we didn't have Schwartz for a DC, I could almost see him plugged in the middle if we really needed it, or gave a different look. Either way, it would depend on Odom holding up.

I've also wondered with Odom, and I've said this before, since he's a natural LDE, could he be put there on certain downs, or is it a must that KVB remain on the left side?

6. Young54

Young54 Starter

alex brown????

7. ncaalover12

ncaalover12 Starter

I wish :rolleyes:

8. I'd prefer Odom when he's healthy, but due to experience, I think the coach's will start off with Laboy...

9. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Ditto

I do think LaBoy will get almost as many snaps as a starter because KVB talked about getting a few snaps off to remain fresh. Odom right now is the only decent option we have to spell KVB unless we move one of the DTs like Long over there on run downs.

Of course because Odom and LaBoy have both had their problems staying healthy who knows how things will play out. I do think the level of talent isn't as bad people make it out to be but it is keeping these guys healthy that is really the issue and one of the main reasons a guy like Alex Brown doesn't look bad. Brown isn't really an upgrade talent wise but he does show up to play.

10. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

Yea, this one could be wide open... With the disappointing year they had, I'm betting we see a lot of shuffling in pre season. I'd like to see Laboy turn it on, but as it stands now I think Odom has shown us more and he's more versatile. Agreed on Alex Brown - has played virtually every game since he entered the league. All other things equal, I'd like to see the Titans make a serious bid for him.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar