Tragic News about Steve McNair

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titanium, Jul 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jazzy Titan

Jazzy Titan yum yum eat em up

Always a titan in my and many others hearts, Steve McNair you will be missed but never forgotten. We will never forget the countless injuries you played through with us to help the team, the memorable moments you had. It's a shame the organization treated you the way they did towards the end of your career. We love you Mac and our thoughts and prayers our with your family and friends.

2. BACK2SMASHMOUTH

BACK2SMASHMOUTH TD's Please...

Eddie George called into Sportscenter earlier and he was with the wife and kids in Mississippi at the family home. I don't think his wife did it herself.

I know we all are eager to find out what happened, but I hope everyone just holds off on drawing conclusions. It doesn't look good, that's for sure. But we're all grown ups, lets just wait and see what comes out and go from there.

3. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

I JUST came home and read this...I am so sad, it's unbelievable...another dead hero of mine, and for what?

Steve...you're my boy, and you always will be. May God keep you....

I've been listening for about a week or two now about the all-time Oilers/Titans team, as it has been heavily debated, for the anniversary. Sirius agreed (I'm pretty sure) to split the QB position between Steve and Warren. I was feeling like for the first time Steve's HOF status was guaranteed, even though it probably wouldn't be as a first-timer -- it's just his legend as an on-the-field-warrior is cemented, I got that impression from everyone I heard talk about him. Looking back, it's almost as if they were talking about a man who had passed on...and now this.

I wish his family and friends peace, though I know it will surely not come easy. This is awful.

Steve...all I can say is you're the reason anyone takes this team seriously in the modern era. The whole of the Titans' reputation is carried on your gigantic shoulders, as you did so many times on Sunday. Thank you so much for the pride today's fans feel.

4. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

I'm really glad to hear that. Not that it makes a sad situation much better, but I didn't want this to dissolve into some OJ situation. His kids will need a parent.

5. MaxPayne

MaxPayne 1st Team

I am lost for words right now

-MaxPayne2k

6. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

7. merlin

merlin Camp Fodder

I heard that interview with Eddie too but, just a few minutes ago Channel 4 was reporting outside of McNair's house in the Green Hills area here in Nashville. They said that McNair's wife was there at the house. There was several police and detectives there. I am not trying to draw any conclusions. I am just passing along the information.

Wow, this hurts! I have never felt like this over a celebrity/athletes death.

8. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Let me add: I was already convinced that this is OUR year to win the Super Bowl. I don't know what else to say, but if there's a team with a purpose in 2009, it's without a doubt the Tennessee Titans. Jeff will make SURE of that.

9. The Don

The Don Upsetting The Apple Cart

There are not enough words to sum up how I and most everyone feel about Steve. To me he was Mr. Franchise, Mr. Touchdown, Mr. Grit, Mr. Community, and all around good guy. Whenever you met him, or ran into him, he would take a moment to speak and look you in the eyes while doing it. Even though you were not friends, or even close at all, you would walk away from that feeling like you were.

I will not jump to conclusions on what happened, and why, and will admonish those on the board to try and hold the rumors and insider comments until we know the details and the circumstances.

For those that Tailgate before the games, and for those on the board thatgo to the games, I would like to come up with some type of tribute to wear this season. Hopefully the team will do something on their helmet or uniform, and it would be great for us to try and do the same.

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. tennygrl619

tennygrl619 Rookie

This is just crazy. I got the news on Facebook and I'm absolutely shocked. Just shocked. And incredibly saddened. Sorry to see him go. RIP Steve.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar