Tragic News about Steve McNair

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titanium, Jul 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanicDane

TitanicDane Boozer extraordinaire

Just heard the news. I'm stunned...

2. Tru Blu

Tru Blu Hit Em Harder

R.I.P. ....McNair was my idol when he played around the age i was 10-12

3. turf

turf Practice Squad

i am in a state of shock and disbelief right now. steve would never hurt anyone. i hope that the police find the coward that did this and punish them to the fullest extent of the law.

4. STW Chris

STW Chris Starter

I'm absolutely distraught. Steve was a symbol of all the characteristics that I believe in and try to keep both on the field and in life in general. RIP Steve 'Air' McNair

5. maximus

maximus Starter

I'm gonna miss Steve. He was a warrior.

I wish the best for the police and family regarding the investigation

6. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

McMVP's leap for a TD against the squeelers, comming off back sugery, comes too mind. Never scared too pull it down and run, or dump it off on #89 if he got a glimpse of him. No problem handing off to EG 30+ times, or dropping back 40+ times. Did not whine and complain when things did not go his way on the field. Grabbing a chainsaw and clearing trees after the downtown tornado, Fishers shock at seeing his QB wielding a chainsaw on TV. Spending the afternoon watching city workmen digging in his front ditch.

There will never be a tougher QB.

8. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

Wow, shocking and sad news. He will be remembered as one of the greatest Titans (if not THE greatest Titan) ever. He will also be remembered for being one hell of a tough guy. I remember the story about how he had to sleep in a chair for months because he couldn't lie down without intense pain in his sternum.

If this this report is true, then it sounds like maybe his wife shot him. It's just speculation on my part, but it seems like a logical conclusion. If it wasn't a murder-suicide and the woman was his girlfriend (but not his wife), then surely his wife would be a prime suspect. Then again, it could have been a botched robbery or something. We'll know soon enough. Sadly, it doesn't really matter exactly how it happened. Steve is gone and the football world has lost one of its best.

9. BACK2SMASHMOUTH

BACK2SMASHMOUTH TD's Please...

Devistated...

Like so many on here I started as a boy who liked the Oilers/Titans. By the time Steve McNair finished his days in Nashville, I was a full blown die-hard fan. They played smashmouth football and demanded respect in those days and they did it with class. I was always proud to say I was a Titans fan.

Lots of sad people in here today. It was the first place I came when I heard the news... Heartbreaking news.

10. whutaboutGump

whutaboutGump Naw mean?

Sorry guys, gals.

:hmm:

• High Five High Five x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar