Trading out of #1. What will it take?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by TitanJeff, Jan 19, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

I would let DAL have first crack at time-limited "reduced" offer but let them know they'll have to match any offer over 120% of JJ chart value that comes forward or we'll go with that higher offer. (Essentially "baiting" them with a good deal but only if the market for the pick doesn't explode).

49ers, CLE will come to table. If we wound up trading with CLE, then like others said, I'd immediately offer that position to DAL or SF at 100% JJ chart value for DAL and 120% chart value for SF. (Reason being if we are at #4, we get either Tunsil or Ramsey- whomever SD doesn't pick.)

2. Riverman

I'd settle on that value only after working more out them. Next year's first would be strong because 49ers are going to suck, the two 2nd rounders this year are meh (but ultimately OK) in terms of missing out on Ramsey or Tunsil. I think the drop in OT quality is there, but not too bad.

I'm going to be SO pissed if we just take Tunsil or Ramsey without a trade.

3. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

I'd be embarrassed if we did that.

I'm telling all y'all we need to just draft wentz. F the nfl we will sit a cash cow qb on our bench for four years if nobody wants to pony up.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. Riverman

I love it! High risk- high reward. Draft Wentz and I guarantee you SF will chit the bed with all kind of offers for Wentz. Wouldn't surprise me if they made some ridiculous pitch for Mariota And when that didn't work we'd ask the same deal for Wentz!

5. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

I hope this is right....and we are the team they trade up with to get Wentz

ESPN's Mark Dominik believes a Colin Kaepernick-to-Denver deal is "done," and contingent only on the 49ers drafting a quarterback.

If Dominik's belief is correct, the trade would go down on draft day. A former NFL general manager, Dominik bases this belief on the fact that Kaepernick formally visited the Broncos' facility, and "you never let a player visit (another) club without (the) trade and contract already figured out." Dominik's theory makes sense, and he still has connections throughout the league. Unfortunately, we won't find out whether Dominik is right until April 28.
    Related: Broncos

Source: Mark Dominik on Twitter

6. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

I'm going out on a limb here, but I'm going to say it will take a mid first round pick, two second round picks and a third. What the heck. Add in a first and third for next year. If they balk, we can throw in our 4th and 6th this year.

• LOL LOL x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  7. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

[​IMG]

• LOL LOL x 3
  8. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Youve been talking to the wrong people

9. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

so I guess Im cool with this trade we just struck, met my needs

10. Riverman

From my son:

"Glad Fisher has finally done something to help the Titans win."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar