Trading #2

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by xpmar9x, Dec 28, 2014.

?
  1. Yess

71 vote(s)
    85.5%
  2. Noo

12 vote(s)
    14.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

It's all pure speculation, but it's fun for me. This is my favorite time of the year, NFL Draft time and the NBA playoffs are about to start. Playing pretend GM, which is my dream job haha

2. xpmar9x

Just playing devils advocate --

I seriously doubt Devante Parker is there at #19. Rams (10), Vikings (11), Miami (14), or Houston (16) would gobble him up. Parker is over shadowed by White & Cooper, but I wouldn't be surprised if he ended up the best WR in this class. He's 6'3 210, runs a 4.4, 37" vert, and reminds me of A.J. Green.

Not a big fan of using our 1st pick on a backup OLB. Although he'd see some time, especially if Orakpo is hurt. Likely could take Parker at 12 and Dupree at 19 however.

I doubt Cobb goes undrafted, although his 40 sucked, he'll still be an early day 3 pick.

Love the pickups of Kendricks and Cam Erving however.

3. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Dupree is a guy I could see going in the top 10 or dropping to the Steelers. He's an interesting guy as he has some production but like Fowler, not what you'd expect. Although he is asked to drop more in coverage than Fowler was, but I think he has a higher ceiling as he's bigger and a better athlete. Like Beasley, people didn't expect him to perform THAT well at the combine. I'm already hearing how he's a 'fast riser.' LOL Dupree could be a starter from Day 1 but while Orakpo is healthy, he'd be a backup and possibly pass rush for Morgan on obvious passing downs.

Since Harold is the only other athletic OLB with the size we want in the draft, the edge rushers will probably go mostly before the top 4 WR's seeing as most 'experts' have 4-7 WR's with 1st or close to first rnd grades.

There is also a chance a few players, OL and cb's and rb's go earlier than in our mock. But I think there is a fair chance Parker or DGB or both are available at 19. Now I also think there is a good chance Gregory is there too (which is another reason I think Dupree will go earlier than 19) and I don't like Gregory at all....and especially not with this smoking weed business being a real problem.

Having dug more into Cobb and this 40 time, I think he'd run a 4.6 40...maybe high 4.58 or 4.59 based on his 10 and 20 yd splits before he pulled up. So yeah, I think he will or should go earlier. On the other hand, I think with a much improved OL and passing game we can roll with what we have or take one of the top 12 rb's...whoever drops to us in rnd 5. I'm not sure 12 teams will take a rb in the first 4 rnds so one or 2 could fall just due to #'s. On the other hand, I don't expect PJ to fall that far either but he could. He's not gotten much love before his arrest and if some really see him as a 3rd rnd guy, I could see him falling to the top of rnd 5.

4. xpmar9x

I'm just not that huge into taking a OLB in the 1st or 2nd. I'd prefer to go WR & RT before OLB. Plus, I really like the depth at the position, could find some solid talent in the 3rd-4th rd.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

The problem with this thinking is if frequently injured Orakpo gets hurt for the season, would you rather have a 1st rnd impact pass rushing OLB to replace him with or a slow developmental guy from the mid-rnds? Our defense will be back to square 1 in not getting people off the field and I don't want to put pressure on Mett in those situations to win a shootout. We will win more games with defense, controlling the score, clock, run game and limit Mett's throws.

WR doesn't matter if the QB is slow reading and making decisions and not mobile and forced to throw into complicated pass coverages....things that Russell Wilson doesn't have to deal with. There is a reason for this.

OLB is the heart of our pass D!!! We need to shore it up and strengthen it now. Also, orakpo is no sure thing either as he only had a sack or 2 in 7 games before he was hurt. That's not the level of production we need!

6. xpmar9x

My current dream:

#2 for #6, #37, & '16 1st

6: Amari Cooper (WR/BAMA)
    33: TJ Clemmings (RT/PITT)
    37: Jordan Phillips (NT/OU)
    3rd: Abdullah or Yeldon (RBs)
    4th: Za'Darius Smith (OLB)

Close 2nd:

#2 for #12, #19, #43, & '16 2nd

12: Devante Parker (WR/Louisville)
    *Trading 19 to mid 20s, pickup a 3rd*
    20s: Eric Kendricks (ILB/UCLA)
    33: TJ Clemmings (RT/PITT)
    43: Telvin Colement or Ajayi (RBs)
    3rd: Nate Orchard (OLB/Utah)
    3rd: Iko Ekpre-Olomu (CB/Oregon)
    4th: Ellis McCarthy (NT/UCLA)

Trade the damn pick Ruston

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

I'm not as high on Clemmings as you are mainly because he's gonna need quite a bit of polishing up. I see more value for OT in rnd 3. Abdullah scares me with his fumbling and doesn't have homerun speed on the stop watch and his pass pro is not good. Does you see ZSmith as an OLB or getting bigger and playing DE? I am not a Phillups fan. He has talent but really inconsistent and serious medical red flag. I'd take Goldman or CDavis before him and a lot of other players at other positions.

For the 2nd one, I'm big on Parker and Kendricks! I like the rb's but hate that we'd be spending 2 2nd rnd picks on one position for a 'devalued' position. We may need to, but it just exemplifies Webster's waste of our resources! UGH!

Titans are high on Orchard and I hope we don't take him at the top of the 2nd. I think he's a 3rd or 4th rnd guy but probably doesn't make it to the top of round 4. Heck, someone (hopefully NOT the Titans) may reach for him in rnd 2. I'd hope for PJ Williams or Steven Nelson in the 3rd if we went cb there though Williams has 1st rnd talent. McCarthy will go middle rounds just for his size but he's not a great player. Should be some better players there.

8. Mitch86

Mitch86 Pro Bowler

Supposedly the Titans offered the Browns the #2 spot for both of their firsts and a second and the Browns turned it down. From the little I just read from people here, yall were wanting more out of the #2 pick.

9. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

We should get more from it...moving from 12 to 2 should cost more than just 19. At least 12, 19 and a 1st from 2016 or 12, 2nd and the 2016 1st? But the Browns want to keep this years 2nd for a WR.

10. lilkhmerkid4u

lilkhmerkid4u Somebody Saveeeeeee Meee!

They can keep the 2nd round pick if they give us Jeff Gordon

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar