Trade up to #2

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Brian, Mar 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

Please, I meant the "I told you so bit" most light heartedly. Trust that. You make excellent points. All I see is classic Floyd Reese smoke screen.

I'm really out of ammo because the draft a qb argument really has it's balls nailed to the wall. All I can really say is that Schuab sucks :brow: and we'd be stupid to pass on Matt Leinart... that and we could win big with Vince Young. I'm not impressed with Scuab's two starts... plus we have the luxury of time to develop a qb, couple that with Leinart knowing Chow's system... and I'm off to repeating myself...

Hey, on a personal note, I'm not worked up over here in the least. I've got a crappy head cold and I'm swooning on NyQuil...still, I think we should draft a qb at #3. 80% or more of the posters here seem to think that way. I do detest being in the majority.

2. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

The only reason we would trade for Schaub is because Volek doesn't want to be here unless he's going to be the starter. Other than his durability, I'd take Volek over Schaub, but I haven't seen enough of Schaub to want him badly enough. Volek's under contract for now anyway, so it's pointless. What a lateral move that is, IMO - and in time, Schaub will want to start, too.

3. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

If the Jets are going to leapfrog us to #2 to get Leinart, the smart move is to let them trade with us for slightly less, bump down to #4 then take Young or Cutler. I'd still take Young over Cutler, but with a couple of extra draft picks, I could live with it.

4. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

Does a smokescreen help us in this situation though? If we showed interest in Culpepper, and now Schaub, doesnt it show are interested in QB? Meaning, if we dont get one, then teams wanting Leinart would certainly think we would draft him, so they would be even more likely to trade up to #2 and take him ahead of us.

I think its interesting. A few weeks ago it seemed the first 3 picks were a lock. Now you have NO going with Brees instead of taking a young QB, you have us inquiring about Culpepper and Schaub ( to some degree at least), you have the Jets inquring about Schaub and Ramsey, and you have the Dolphins going with Culpepper instead of takign their chances that Cutler would fall to them. What I think this says is maybe GMs arent sold on these QBs to the degree we might think.

5. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

The Jets should go out and get Schaub.

6. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

Well they certainly appear to want either he or Ramsey. THe Falcons arent parting with Schaub though unless they can get a quality backup, which is why Michael Smith seemed to think that if Schaub is traded, its most likely to us. The Jets dont have anybody to offer, nor do the Vikings have anybody to offer, we of course, have Volek to offer.

7. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

I started a rumor thread just to mess with people about Schaub and the Jets...
    lol.

it'll be interesting to read the speculation it generates...

:geek: :ha:

8. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

It's already a rumor. It was in the New York papers yesterday.

9. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Yeah but BI POLAR started the Schaub to the Jets rumor. The New York Post included that 'purple money dishwasher' part.

:brow:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar