Trade Up in the Second Round

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Architect, Feb 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

I want to trade down about 5 spots in the 1st to get an extra 3rd. Then combine the 2 3rds and a 4th to get us back into the top of the 2nd rnd. That would give us 3 picks in the top 50 which would be great. Given that the draft is deep at our positions of need DE/WR/CB we would probably get 3 solid starters. Then have 6 picks on day 2 to find a sleeper or 2.

I really like Hill as well. Gonzalez would be a great choice especially if Wade isn't resigned.

2. Sledge

Sledge Guest

Have you been trainspotting as a hacker? I think you meant Johnnie Lee Higgins :)

3. Sledge

Sledge Guest

Who I want in the second, if guys like Woodley are gone? Brian Leonard. I really think he'd be a great asset. Can run, catches well out of the backfield, and is a punishing blocker (as Ray Rice). Would help Vince, and either Travis or LenBuddha

4. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Well, I mean for the position we're drafting at, but I was probably clear as mud about that. Sorry.

Eh, I think the preferable WR, DE, CB and S wells will run dry by that point. Well, let me clarify: If we want a WR rated 2-6, I should say; if we want a next tier guy, like a Gonzalez, we could wait til our pick, but is it a reach then? Lil bit, I think. Same with DE. You know, I don't want Quentin Moses with our pick in the 2nd, for instance. I'd rather trade up for an Abiramiri or a Johnson if it were close. I wouldn't take Griffen or Merriweather in the first. Not sure either would be there at our pick in 2. Only corner I'd really consider high is Houston, but not in one (don't want any corner in one). He's working his way up, and will probably be gone by early two. And I don't want slow corners despite their college rep, so....only pject I consider is Wade in 3 right now. Two is too high for him I think. Stuff like that.... If I can't get Okoye in one, which won't happen, I don't want a DT before 3... I could go on.... We could sit where we are and take a guard in round two, or something, without reaching. Just the way things appear right now is all.

5. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

I would consider a small trade down in one to get an extra 3rd. I may or may not trade back up with it.

6. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Nobody hardly ever trades up in the draft just to move up. Now if there is a specific player they have targeted then I can see it. Some quality players that were projected as 1st rounders but dropped because teams ahead of us had different needs could drop within range where we would trade down a few picks to make sure we get them.

7. oochymp

oochymp Camp Fodder

We don't need more picks tho, we already have ten and I think we're at the point where we need to be conserned with quality picks as opposed to quantity, I hope we don't trade down because we don't need more picks.

8. Banshee2

Banshee2 Guest

:yes: :doh:

9. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Well, you don't see who is there until it unfolds, do you? This is clearly trading done on draft day, not ahead of, if you're responding to my post. My bad if not.

10. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

I trade down if one of the top players don't fall to me is how I think about it. So, say, rather than take a Chris Houston, Robert Meachem, Charles Johnson, none of who I feel are worth it at 19 right now (that could change), I'd trade down a few spots to pay the proper value for the player I want. I don't see any point paying #19 money for a #26 player, for instance.

You can always use what you get to make a trade back up, reducing your picks, or do so for a player, whatever. Only picks you're stuck with are comp picks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar