Trade out of 3rd round!!! (2010 edition)

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Alex1939, Feb 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BigD73OT

BigD73OT NFL Free Agent

Throw in KFC...they need a QB.

2. soopacee

soopacee I'm Blaine Bishop

now compare drops and contracts

3. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

1. We got Washington not to be well rounded but to give us a deap threat. That was what they liked about him.

2. Roby doesn't return punts, only kicks. Otherwise maybe he sticks. Either way it has been proven that Fisher screwed up the return part of the team passing it off as not that important and the team got burned. Of course it would be nice if some of these guys could step up for a change. Why can't Hawkins return punts and kicks? Why was Chris Henry so ridiculously lousy when he returned kicks? Why can't Mounton, a guy we drafted partly because he could return punts hang on to the ball?

3. This doesn't seem like a big issue for most teams. Usually someone at CB, S, RB or WR can actually hang catch the ball, hang on to it and run half way decently with it. I don't understand what is so flipping complicated about returning darn KOs and punts. Are the Titans players mentally challenged or something? These guys have been running back kicks since Jr. high school.

4. BigD73OT

BigD73OT NFL Free Agent

Its more than just catching a ball and running. You have to have vision to see SMALL holes, the agility to make the cuts to get to that hole, the speed to get through the hole and the conditioning to take it to the house. If it was just as simple as catching and running anyone could do it. But, It's not.

5. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

I'm not over simplifying it but every other team in the NFL seems to get by much better than the Titans. It isn't rocket science. These kids come out of college with experience returning KOs and punts.

6. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Other teams don't have Alan Lowry. But I will say the returners look tentative and don't seem to be trying very hard.

7. TitansBlue

TitansBlue Camp Fodder

doesn't work

mainly b/c no second round pick. so the picks they can take (i think like an nfl team has a set max number of picks they can have) our 1,3,4 etc nowhere near equal that (even with 2 3s)

that said, you take number 1 you get stuck with a massive contract that you're eventually going to have to start cutting other players to balance out....which doesn't end well over a several year run, especially for a dlineman

8. TitansBlue

TitansBlue Camp Fodder

I still say we spend a pick on brandon james from florida solely for a player to return kicks and punts

9. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

And why not? We keep plenty of players around just for special teams. Donny Nicky anyone? Field position is too important to a run offense to ignore returners.

To be fair, the FO has brought some guys in, most recently Chris Carr and Mark Jones. That's fine, but it would be a nice to have another returner with the ability Pacman once had.

Hell, this past season, it would have been nice just to have a returner that could see the ball. All I am saying is that some players we draft in the third may be worth their position drafted. Our team may not always utilize their talents or may get tired of waiting for the player to evolve (unless you're Paul Williams). Some of you guys make it seem like if they don't live up to first round status, they are busts. I would take a dependable returner in the third, and I damn sure would have been happy with one this past season.

10. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

You are right. But you didn't mention field position awareness. All too often I see guys fair catching balls within the 5-yard line. WHY????? Let that ball drop and bounce into the end zone for the touchback on punts. Kickoffs are different, ball goes into the end zone and the kicking team can recover and score 6, but to catch punts inside your own 5 is dumb.

Ball security is key as well. All that shifting and bumping off guys could create a mess of fumbles.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar