Trade Out of #3?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by TitanJeff, Jan 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smili

smili Starter

I think Reese said Chow wanted Williams big time. Something like jumping on the table.

2. Bobo

Bobo Guest

Depending on how far down we trade and what position we take, we may still be getting a guy that's considered "franchise"....or at least franchise-ish ;)

If the hype is true about Cutler, you could look at him that way. Maybe even Jacobs shoots up the charts. Or you may take a LB or OT that would have been drafted higher most other years, but since it's a deep draft at those positions, they fall a little.

You trade down and get a few more 1st day picks at deep positions, and you have less chance of all those players bombing instead of just one guy bombing. But the guy at the top could be a future perenial Pro Bowler. It's good to be where we are.

3. jdee

jdee Guest

This is a chance you get to pick this high once in 10-15 years. I say take Young if he's available.

JDee

4. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

i wonder if everytime PacMan gets into trouble if Chow's sittin there going "see i told you silly $%*$&# !!"

5. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

All this hype over Young or any of the three top guys is just that, hype. There is no sure draft pick and as stated earlier just look at past drafts and see for yourself all the "sure thing" picks that were medicre or worse.
    Ben Roethlisberger was picked #11 in 2004, behind Manning and Rivers and going into the draft people would have been saying that taking Roethlisberger as the #1 QB in that draft would have been lunacy. Right now he is by far the best QB of the draft. If San Diego or the Giants had traded down a few picks and taken Roethlisberger they would have been better off (except that San Diego of course did trade out for a ton of picks which makes my point). If in a year where the draft is loaded at a number of positions we have needs we were to trade down and get Cutler instead we could easily end up with the best QB and a bunch of picks. Not to mention we will have extra money to look at FAs with because we will not be paying a 3rd pick contract.

6. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

yep, yep ,yep

I think Cutler will be this drafts Roethlesberger

7. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

Also of note is that the "experts" said that Rothlesberger would take 2 years or more of sitting on the bench to be ready to start in the NFL.

8. Nash

Nash Starter

Seems to me the Jets might be very interested in drafting Leinart.. with it being NYC, and Manning playing for the Giants, they need a big name player to compete...so maybe the Jets will trade us a player for dropping down 1..

9. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

iJets need a RB more then a QB. I'd say they want Bush.

10. SuperFreak90

SuperFreak90 Starter

No way do I trade down if i'm Floyd, unless someone gives me their first, second and third this year, and first and second next year. Whether it's one spot or ten spots down, no way. This type of pick (#3 overall) doesn't happen but about once every 12 years, you gotta take the best player there. Again I say we need quality player over quantity, we need vet help anyways, so go sign some solid FA, and draft just where you are at.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar