Trade CJ

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by oldoilerfan, Oct 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tomachek2009

tomachek2009 LEGEND

alright think about this. Fisher has been around for a long time since 1994, hes been here forever, but adams must like the guy alot. I don't see the titans changing there offense at all with him as the coach. It seems like they have a scripted play book for the whole game it never changes. Fisher stays another year or two Chris will be runned into the ground from all the carries if management isnt changed within the next couple years we lose him either way.

2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

[​IMG]

3. tomachek2009

tomachek2009 LEGEND

I don't think you guys realize what i'm trying to say. I know the problem is not chris its how we use him, what i'm trying to say management is the problem, and I just don't see management changing. So the best thing for the organization is to try to get rid of chris for those few defenses players were missing maybe that big play wr we dont have im tired of our wr who are 3 stringers at best, than get a running back that fits our type of offense. I would love chris to have a long career with the titans but we need to learn to use him right. Also, at the end of the season what is Chris looking for that big paycheck, what does titans tend not to do, pay there players, what if Chris decides to hold out or we lose him all together without getting anything at all for him?

4. PorcupineTree

PorcupineTree Starter

@ JCBRAVE ??? Don't get the significance of the pic you posted ? Not trying to be dense, but huh ??

See then we agree on most everything, except my solution is dump the a**bag we have as a head coach, clear out the inept coaching staff that doesn't have the football savvy to utilize the talent correctly...

As for CJ, we need to utilize his abilities correctly and Fisher/Dinger are now showing after two years that they can't stray from the initially successful formula. Why get rid of an exciting dynamic back like CJ simply because the coach and his O coordinator can't figure out how to make it work again... Fisher repeatedly plows the same ground, just look back through his history, it's pretty self evident. Is he/his staff good talent scouts ? Sure, but once they get the talent, he tries to force fit them into his myopic style of playing "three yards and cloud of dust" football philosophy, and the style of the league has very quickly started to pass him by... Get rid of the systemic problem at the top, not the athletic talent around him.

One interesting bit of food for thought, if CJ doesn't have another monster season, does that depreciate his value on the open market next year ? Probably not too much because other coaches who would know how to utilize him better will be able to make the pitch for him to some owner that has his finger on the pulse of todays style of play. For example a Mike Martz could utilize a CJ type player so well... Regardless, CJ will probably still have 1200-1400 yards despite his play so far this year, and I do not see the Titans letting him go unless his salary demands are obscene.

5. tomachek2009

tomachek2009 LEGEND

i completely agree with getting rid of fisher, all im saying is i dont see adams doing it, i been praying for the past couple years he got fired. I think the best team for the organization is for adams to call it quits sell it to a younger more aware owner of how the leauge works now not this old school style of football, get a new gm, whole new coaching staff.

My reasons
    1. chuck cecil display sunday was an embarassment to the organization
    2. fisher does not know how to use his players to there abilities
    3. we don't pay any of our players i would have loved to kept mason mcnair george bulluck just to retire with us
    4. our defense is lacking a lot i cant believe you rely on the phil. of 4 man pressure almost every play all the good teams apply constant pressure with different blitz packages some qb have all day to throw the ball
    5. we find 1 diamond in the rough every year in the draft than all the other picks go to waste

6. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

CJ is a product of a great o-line. With a mere average o-line he sucks.

Just like we knew he would.

One dimensional backs are system reliant. He's pretty much worthless without a great o-line.

Any fast scatback would have done what CJ did last season here. Hit huge gap- run fast.

7. Pacman 4 HoF

Pacman 4 HoF Starter

Lol no dude. ANY scatback could bust off 2000 yards a feat only accomplished by 6 people in NFL history. You sound dumb

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I ran out of high-fives, so instead of a biscuit, you get two porcupine cookies. Would you prefer I post a cat giving an invisible high-five.

9. PorcupineTree

PorcupineTree Starter

Who let the mental midget in here ? :lol:

Seriously, yeah, your right, only 6 backs have ever gotten to 2000K in the history of the league, but any fast scat back could have done that ...

Wow, are you in the 4th grade ?

Here's a tip for you, every back in the NFL is pretty much worthless without a decent O line !!

10. PorcupineTree

PorcupineTree Starter

Ha ha ... I didn't realize they were Porcupines lol !! Sorry, I get it now...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar