Trade back and draft Everson Griffen

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by JCBRAVE, Apr 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I'd like to think we could pull this off, trade our 16th overall for a later first day pick where Griffen should be available to draft. By doing this we 1.) get the DE our defense so desperately needs, and 2.) gives us more ammo to pursue the Haynesworth trade. I like this kid, he reminds me somewhat of Terrell Suggs who I've always wanted. No doubt that Griffen is an underachiever, but if that's the worst you can say about the dude then cool I'll take it. Gotta love the athleticism he shows, his latest 40-yard dash has him in the 4.6 rang, but I feel that's selling him short. To me he plays at that speed, and could easily post a sub 4.5 40-time. His flexibility plus rang allows him to break down and get the shifty RB's he'll see in the AFC, while also making him durable. Griffen has the one move all good rookies need in the bull-rush, when tired of spinning or tossing TE's aside he can sit back and use his great bull-rush move. A bag full of tricks leads me to believe he can beat most Tackles to the QB making him my choice to be a Titan.

With all the Kearse comparisons JPP from South Florida get's Everson Griffen should get the same. The best thing about Griffen is that he can be had for a late 1st or an early 2nd, something the Titans should make note of. Trade back, accumulate more picks, and draft the right DE for Washburn to mold into the next "Freak".

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

isn't that the worst possible thing you can say about a guy you're going to take in the first round? the biggest red flag i can give a guy is that he doesn't hustle, play hard or love football.

griffen was benched because of inconsistent play in college and for taking plays off. his work ethic is questionable. if his work ethic/passion matched his athletic ability he would be unblockable.

if griffen is available at 14 when seattle is on the clock and they don't take him, that should tell you all you need to know about the kid. pete carroll, his former college coach, didn't want him when defensive end is a HUGE need for that defense.

3. JCBRAVE

Albert Haynesworth stock plummeted because he was also an underachiever. The Titans seem to have done well with him. That's an easy fix, one or two hours in front of David Stewart and he'll have a reason to hustle. I look at that as an opportunity. People are turned off by the term "underachiever" because it means the guy has the tools but doesn't use them. You can't say he sucks or doesn't have what it takes. He's a good football environment away from being great. Bring him to Tennessee where he can maximize his abilities.

4. Fry

albert haynesworth was a good player when he wanted to be. he was also an incredibly average player for entire games at a time, especially early in his career.
    USC isn't a good football environment?

5. tenforthewin

tenforthewin Camp Fodder

Rather have Pierre-Paul than Griffen.

6. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Do you mean under the watchful eye of... gulp... Jeff Fisher?

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. Fry

^
    awesome

8. JCBRAVE

Southern Cal is good for everything, which seems to be a problem for some. Too much goes on around USC for a lot of guys to handle. Put his butt in TN, and I think he does away with the underachiever stigma hanging over him.

I'm glad you said that, and no under the watchful eye of Jim Washburn.

He's young, a junior, and impressionable. Get him in a good locker-room and you'll see why I want him.

9. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

I like Everson Griffen, I think we should steal Jerry Hughes though.

10. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Who works under the watchful eye of.. gulp... Jeff Fisher..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar