Torry Holt

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by adams, Mar 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

From MR's comments, it appears everyone is in a wait and see mode...perhaps until after the draft. It seems no one wants to give Holt what he wants so he may just wait til teams do or don't get the big WR in the draft. I think this is silly since his biggest potential suitors could all get a top WR in the draft and then his market value would be even LOWER!!!

He should visit the teams that have interest...see who's offering what and try to negotiate his best deal with them. Even if it means getting 4mil/yr when he thinks he's worth 8.

Gut

2. Barnybyrd

Barnybyrd Starter

Good post!

3. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Teams usually take a hard look at veterans before signing them. It's also usually after the draft like Gut said. When you look at Holt's production over the past 3 seasons it's steadily declined and no one knows if he just needs a change of scenery or he's really not playing well anymore. So after the draft when we have an idea of our depth chart we can decide if we sign him or not, like many other teams.

4. TitansJonne

TitansJonne OG triple OG

Honestly i don't understand why everyone is super nervous over this deal. We got Washington already, i don't think getting Holt is a must. Don't get me wrong, he is a great player with years left, but he's not a must. We have a pretty good set of hawk gage wash if u ask me. Anyways he is a receiver. If the Jags get him, then you know what i will be ok with that, why? Because their in our division. Seeing Finny linup against him twice a yr would be great. A receiver can't take a player to the playoffs. So just understand that he is just a receiver and if we don't get him then look at it like I do. Another season to make big plays happen without big name players. I Love It!!!

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. Jazzy Titan

Jazzy Titan yum yum eat em up

I agree how many times do we have a wide open receiver on say 3rd and 6(because we ran the ball twice) and the guy just drops it? I dont know about you but I would like to have a guy on this team where we can rely on his hands.

6. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

Are you really confused?
    Arabic people are not the only ones who say 'allah' or are Muslims.

Bet you think this German dude is Arabic too. :duh:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/pvlJBN-t2IQ&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/pvlJBN-t2IQ&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

7. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

It would be a plus.. but we'll be OK without.
    I'd rather not break the bank over a 'plus'. Neither would MR.

8. Lava

Lava Camp Fodder

I recognize that the Titans have trouble identifying talent at the WR position, but I was just trying to show that Kimberly was wrong in saying every player that falls to the 5th/6th/7th rounds sucks.

9. GMITTS

GMITTS WHY VY SHOULD BE OUR #3

if we get him great...if not great. adding washington really helped out wr corps. we know have a down field threat..and that is good enough for me. cj out of the backfield will open up alot now.

10. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

Believe it or not, from what I saw of our '06 season Moulds pretty much caught every pass that was thrown his way. He was by no means a burner, but he ran good routes, got open and didn't drop easy passes.

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar