Torry Holt

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by adams, Mar 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. STF

STF "blank"

2. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

We would still need a decent WR in this draft, Holt is a short term fix.

I hope we find a diamond in the rough this year. We were hoping Hawkins would be that last year but he couldnt grasp the playbook like they wanted. I think we will give Hawkins a couple more years to improve. But we still need to keep trying at a young WR. I really hope we get one within the first 3 rounds.

3. Jazzy Titan

Jazzy Titan yum yum eat em up

even if we do get Holt?

Holt, Gage, Washington, Hawkins. Bringing in a early round WR wouldn't do much IMO. If we fail to get Holt then I can see a receiver earlier. I would like to get holt so we can focus on Corner in the 1st.

4. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Um...

Yeah...a great WR sitting there for them to take in rnd 1 or 2 of the draft!

Gut

5. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Well...

It CAN happen is a far cry from it will happen. I think someone did a study of QB's drafted in the last 10 years...maybe less. Point is...you know how many Pro Bowl QB's were found in the last 3 rnds of the draft? ONE! (Brady)

There will always be an undrafted guy who makes it and makes it big...but your chances are extremely small.

Gut

6. jessestylex

Tony Romo was undrafted and has 2 pro bowls.

7. Titanium

Titanium TITANFN Staff

Romo has gone Hollywood! ;)

I still like the idea of landing Holt. I know that our history of signing high priced FA wide receivers aint great (Thigpen, Pickens ect.) but Holt is a special player. Sign him....

8. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

i would love me some holt...i posted an article about our inability to draft even half decent wr's....so right now....i honostly think this guy can help our team...

i dont get it...titans say they love experience and good players...and when moulds was cut they picked him up in jiffy...now an even better vet is out there but they wont go after him....add the fact that when we brought in moulds we were a losing team.....now we are a winning team possibly on the brink of gettin our first ring....what r we waiting for..

but a relevant question...does anyone no what kind of money he is demanding??? i no he didn wanna accept a pay cut...but after he's been cut....that still the same?

9. jessestylex

Only prob ,Holt is the biggest name free agent Vet out there. If any team is looking for a vet WR Holt will be on top of the list. And i think that is going to increase his price to a point where the Titans are not interested. Thats why the trade fell through imo, Holt was greedy and Titans dont play that game.

10. Lil BLUE

Lil BLUE Camp Fodder

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar