Torry Holt...the good, the bad, and the interesting!

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Gut, Mar 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

2. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

As I said...

I don't know what rotoworld does, but usually they list your salary including what your bonus will be since the point is to get an idea of the cap hit. They don't bother saying prior to march 15th he's a 7.8mil cap hit but on March 16th he's a 10mil hit. They just list the salary+bonus for what he'll make that year and show what the team will save if cut/released by x date.

In your example, rotoworld is claiming it's 6.65+1.25. Other places say it's 6.65 that includes a 1.25 roster bonus.

At most, it'd be a 7.9mil cost and at best, 6.65mil. I am not interested in what cap hit it'd be for the Rams. And by the way, the numbers they list for salary, bonus, signing bonus of total contract and cap hit this year don't work out. If his SB was 11.5 which means a prorated cap hit of 1.64 +1.25 in roster bonus and 6.65 in 'salary,' it equals 9.5...not 10.5.

Gut

3. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

All the major sites such as nfl.com,SI.com and ESPN.com stated that the move saves the Rams $8mill in cap space this season.

That would be including the roster $1.25 mill bonus he would have been due on the 17th.

4. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

Holt's value would be much higher if it weren't for the questions about his knee. He's had some nagging injuries that are enough to drive his value down at his age... but it's hard to argue with production, and as injury risks go I think having a disappointing season with 64 receptions for almost 800 yards is well worth the risk.

With the lack of attention WRs have gotten this offseason the Titans would be smart to let him test the market, and be willing to get into a bidding war - which doesn't seem likely and would end in a better price than $6.5M. I really hope we land him. Great talent and a great guy. He's got a few years left, IMO.

5. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

OK so you don't like TO, thats fine. He's still the better receiver. He's been playing for 3 seasons longer then Holt and has 2,000 more yards, 100 more catches, and 65 more TDs. I don't know what you look for out of a wide receiver, but catches yards and TDs are what I want out of mine. And oh BTW, Torry has 10 more fumbles. The numbers simply don't lie

That being said, we should still absolutely go after the guy. I just think that saying he is better then TO is a pretty big stretch. And I don't see why you all think he's so much faster, TO is one of the strongest, fastest receivers in the league.

6. ncaalover12

ncaalover12 Starter

Doesn't TO have way more drops as well?

And when was the last time a team he was on won the Super Bowl?

7. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

No, TO isn't much of a deep threat. He's fast...for his size. But not that fast compared to other receivers.

8. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

I dont think Holt likes the Titans. If he had like the idea to come play for us, i think he would have reworked his contract. He did not rework it so he could be released and end up on a team he wouldnt mind playing for. Watch him end up on a team making less that what we offered, just cause he likes that team.

9. cld12pk2go

cld12pk2go Starter

I don't think this is a sign he doesn't like the Titans, he just wanted to have his freedom on the open market...

Now he can go to anyone he likes, including us...

10. reo

reo Starter

A guy on titanscentral is saying Holt will be in town either Tuesday or Wednesday... possibly as early as tomorrow.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar