Top Ten Quarterbacks in the League...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by BigRed3, May 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

Dishonest? I was using your logic (or your lack thereof) when making the analogy in the hope that you would see the error in your ways, but you were too proud to admit it. I don't care what you have said historically lol. That is what you've said in this thread, which, apparently, is exempt from your "history". Rofl.

Let's make this official so I can see exactly what part of it you disagree with, because so far, all you are doing is rambling and attacking me. I believe the following to be true:

In general, a qb's statistics are affected by

A: the talent of the offense including the quarterback's individual ability
    B: the talent of the opposing defense

The objective ways to measure these, in turn are:

A: yards passing (and running) per game combined with the qb's TD:INT ratio and any rushing TD's he might have had
    B: yards allowed per game

Exactly what part of this simplicity is tripping you up? I already backed it all up with stats (which you ignored). Tell me, how would you judge the qb's performance? W/L? That's retarded. I guess Warren Moon played a ****ty game when the Bills came back and beat him.

2. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

My logic..

I compare stats many times on this thread alone, show me the college to pro comparison. I compared roethlisberger to mcnair in the post season and roethlisberger and mcnair vs baltimore. Where have i ever compared the stats of 2 guys in 2 different levels of play? I have never done that even one time on this thread or any other.

And why would i think moon played a bad game against buffalo in 92 i have defended his play several times on this board. The stats 2008 the stats. Moon threw for 370 yards with 4tds and 2ints. Based on my typical analysis i would think he played a good game.

It's your approach that suggests moon might have had a bad game. He threw 2 ints and lost to the 13th ranked defense. Based on everything you have said here he sucks because he lost to a lessor team.

3. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

So, in other words, you refuse to address any points. Again. Rofl. This "debate" is over.

4. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

What points?

Have you made any? You mean the same lame crap over and over that a QBs play is effected by his team mate's abilities and the quality of the opposition? No kidding. So where do you go from there? What a waste of time.

I posted stats comparing 2 players for ILLUSTRATIVE PURPOSES. The stats are not a religion. the stats are not an end by themselves but simply an ILLUSTRATION. The subject was ben roethlisbger so i ran some stats of his to ILLUSTRATE that he played well in big games and had a significant role in his team's success. That's it and what we got was post after post of garbage and comments so extreme they have no relevance to anything and intellectual dishonesty.

I will say this no QB ever made the hall of fame by being a victim. Guys make the hall by winning championships and playing great not by performing average in difficult situations.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar