Top Ten Quarterbacks in the League...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by BigRed3, May 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DCtitan49

DCtitan49 Guest

he came in 7-4, and went 2-5, how does that make him top 10 consideration, same with Matt Leinart, what did he do last season? Vince Young is the only rookie that deserves even the slightest bit of consideration on that list.

2. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

Actually he went 2-3, not 2-5, that would be 19 games. He passed for over a 1000 yards in those five games, had 9 TDs and 5 ints, and a rating of 88.5, and a completion percentage of 59.1. Not bad stats for a rookie. Again, my point was he had his team better by being in there. If you are just going to count wins and losses, that would be another thread, just like one on stats would be. My top 10 list was what the QB meant to his team, in all regards.

3. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

Man, you are seriously making some retarded statements today. Least meaningful? All you did was provide us with the great information that McNair played with pro bowl players. So whether or not a few of the players on his team made the pro bowl or not is the standard that we should judge his surrounding talent by? Keith Bulluck continuously misses the pro bowl despite being a top5 to 10 linebacker. PacMan missed the pro bowl despite being the best returnman and a top5 cornerback this last season. It's a popularity contest, but I guess when you have no real stats to back up your point, you gotta use popularity contests.

Ummm, you listed Mason as a reason that McNair should have been having better stats. Seems to me that it would be pointless to list a good receiver. You realize that Big Ben had Heinz Ward and Plaxico Burress, right?

Lol, no one is saying they weren't good players. But check the stats. We had a worse overall team than Big Ben did. Period. There is no quibbling with "I think this player is better than this player". The stats clearly show that, during the years in question, the Steelers' players performed better on the field than ours did. There is no debate here.

4. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

Well, first of all, I didn't count his playoff game that he didn't play for the Titans. I think I still fudged the math though. It should be 6.7. Still, that is WAY tougher defenses than Big Ben faced.

LOL. Wow. I am speechless. How do you want to make a comparison then? Completely disregard the level of competition? How about this... Charlie Ward is a better quarterback than Ben Roethlisberger. He put up better numbers. Who cares that the defenses he faced weren't close to what Big Ben has faced. An extreme case I know, but it pushes my point that it's dumb to throw out the level of competition. It's so obvious: if you play a better defense, your stats will suffer. It's clear as day, but I guess since the stats don't back you up this time, you will dismiss them rofl. Right.

5. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

The 2005 steelers lost 5 games. Maybe it is because of their rotten coaching eh?

We are getting too far from the subject of this thread. I put up roethlisberger's stats along with mcnair to again prove that he is a top 10 QB. You are so confused that you actually consider the fact that roethlisbergher QBd a team to a 15-1 record as a negative. When is that ever a negative? He wins games so he sucks?

Fact steve mcnair had good talent around him.

Fact eddie, wycheck, mason, neal were talented players.

You damn well know that.

6. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

Nice try, but I didn't use his team's record as one of the stats. I used the rankings of his team (which were actually about the same as the 11-5 year). Keep twisting words. Just admit this: McNair had less talented teams than Big Ben did.

7. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Charlie ward?

WTF does that have to do with anything? We are talking about NFL playoff football! What level of play is higher than that?

Charlie ward played for florida state and roethliosberger played at miami..OHIO!! Based on your logic ward would be a far superior prospect because he had better numbers against better competition.

Brain fart?

8. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

Ummm no. That is exactly the kind of argument you are making by saying that the level of competition that they faced in the playoffs doesn't matter. Of course it matters which is precisely the reason that Charlie Ward isn't a better quarterback than Big Ben.

9. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

I guess that was over your head, though?

10. deeluxx3

deeluxx3 Camp Fodder

I didnt miss it...Mason still isnt near HOF caliber.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar