Top Ten Quarterbacks in the League...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by BigRed3, May 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. deeluxx3

deeluxx3 Camp Fodder

It makes no sense. WHen someone "blows their playoff debut" it means that they played in a playoff game and they did not win. Cutler never played in a playoff game and most definately did not blow it for the Bronocs because Plummer would not have gotten them there anyway by the way he was playing near the end of his starts. Go find me an article or something that says the words "Cutler blew his playoff debut". You wouldnt find it because its a false statement.

2. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

I'm not really arguing that the wording is technically incorrect, but given that Cutler hasn't played a playoff game yet, it only makes sense to assume that he meant what I said. Quibbling over a mis-wording is rather immature.

3. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Again bullcrap. You are the one manipulating stats. The titans in the playoffs years were loaded with plenty of talent. Mcnair is no victim here. Your stats are the least meaningful and you failed to adress a single point i made about the plethora of good players we had.

Nice try with the crucify line given that i have been one of mcnair's biggest supporters in terms of giving him credit for when the team won when everyone else kept giving it all to eddie.

Mason elite? Where did i say that? I also never said he was a hall of famer but one poster thinks i did. Was mason a good player here? 5 straight seasons over 1000 yards and 2 pro bowls suggests he was a hell of a good player.

Now lie to me and say that if you were a QB you wouldn't want to have players like eddie george, derrick mason and frank wycheck to work with. Come on and tell me that lie.

4. deeluxx3

deeluxx3 Camp Fodder

You said that Mcnair played with 4 HOF caliber players in Wycheck, George, Mason, and Hopkins. So, it seems like you are implying that he is, which IMO, he in no was isnt.

5. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Where did you get that 4.4 number?

The ranking in total defense of the teams mcnair has played in the playoffs was 7.7.

99 bills 1
    99 indy 16
    99 jags 5
    99 rams 7
    2000 ravens 1
    02 steelers 7
    02 raiders 12
    03 ravens 4
    03 pats 7
    06 colts 17

I'm getting an average of 7.7 there..

Ok fine mcnair has played tougher defenses in his playoff games but a good QB is supposed to win games anyway. In 1989 the broncos were the top rated defense and jor montana still put up 55 points on them in the super bowl.

Your whole defense of mcnair is based on excuses, victimology but what was mcnair's excuse in his last game against the 17th ranked colts defense? I'm not saying steve sucks but can we put away for good this myth that steve is a clutch player in big games?

6. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

Do you remember we were also down 16-0 before he woke up? And the pass to Dyson would not have won the Superbowl, only tied it (assuming Fisher kicked the extra point). Do you remember in the previous game against the Bills, McNair had a blistering 69 yards passing? If not for the MCM, we would not even have been in the SB. Take off the beer goggles. In the last playoff game for the Titans against the Ravens, he had 3 interceptions, but we managed to win in spite of that. He will make the HOF, but he wouldn't be my first choice to win a "must have" game.

7. DCtitan49

DCtitan49 Guest

thank you, and thats exactly what i was trying to say. and when i said 5-2 i was just guessing i new it was somewhere around there, besides 5-2 and 7-4 arent that much of a different win %.

8. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Deelux english lession..

Please read! I said they were (((((NEAR))))) hall of fame players. Guess you missed the word near.

9. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

Again, the criteria of this thread seems to be what QB makes their team better overall. You can throw stats out the window....it's not about that. Cutler gave Denver more confidence than having Plummer back there. He also did lead them to a score near the end of the game which put Denver ahead, but the their defense could not stop the other team, and they missed the playoffs. That is hardly his fault, anymore than it is VY's fault our defense could not stop the Patriots.

10. DCtitan49

DCtitan49 Guest

your right about the pass to dyson, we were down 16-23, but still that was an amazing play, i dont think he should be in the hall of fame, he didnt do anything but split the MVP with the one person i hate more then James in the sports world.:grrr:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar