top prospect admit to smoking pot; gm's don't care.

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Dr.Awkward, Apr 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

The truth about Mary Jane..

she prefers kissing upside down..

[​IMG]

2. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

to each his own comprehension... :suspect:

3. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

no, no, no... most people call it a "fattie".

[​IMG]

4. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

found a couple of fatties for you to smoke.... :grrhee:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

looks like Smitty's type. lol.

6. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Reading comprehension can go a long way to understand what an article is saying. The point has nothing, absolutely nothing to do with pot being OK or not.

"The fact that they would come in and admit it and say they may have experimented with it shows they are honest," he said. "If a team has done its research and there are no red flags with the school, I would think that would be enough. A lot of players wouldn't say anything or would deny it. That kind of honesty probably relieves anxiety about a player's character than increases it."

7. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

College and highschool students... smoking dope??? :shocked:

It's an outrage! Is nothing sacred?

[​IMG]

8. Dr.Awkward

Dr.Awkward Camp Fodder

I agree; perhaps you should read into the implications of what the article articulates. Obviously the article doesn't say pot is okay. However, implicit in the statements is that pot is not an evil substance that appalls GMs.

Further, this point is highlighed once more when the article states that a large majority of students at the combine admitted to smoking pot. This is important b/c everytime we hear about a player in the NFL, NBA, or any other pro sport smoking pot, there's always a group of people who think that these players who smoked are inherently dangerous drugees or something. It's a skewed conception that I think the article touches on.

But then again... your reading comprehension probably far surpasses mine.

9. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

You still miss the point, again. The article doesn't discuss what "a group of people who think that these players who smoked are inherently dangerous drugees or something" think. The article simply says because these guys were honest and admitted it they showed character.

Now if one of the players in the interview were to say, "yea man, pot smoking is cool, nothing wrong with it, not even as bad as alcohol and I can't understand why it is still illegal. everyone does it" then I assure you red flags would go up and that player would drop in the draft.
    Note, they admitted to trying pot at some point, they didn't admit to using pot at the time. If an NFL team even thougt a guy was a pot head he would be off their list.

10. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

LMAO!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar