Top 15 SEC 2008 draft prospects

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by ONUV, May 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

I think we need to draft Oliver in the Supplemental Draft ASAP. Man I would be the happiest person.

2. wplatham

wplatham U of M Class of 2012

Average arm? He can throw the ball 70 yards. Not effective for a season? What was last year?

Ainge has been consistent with the exception of his sophmore year. But look at everything surrounding that season! Ainge was just recovering from a broken collarbone. The team played horrificly and finished with Tennessee's worst record in 20 years. Nobody could have been consistent with all of that. His junior year they bring back Cutcliffe and Ainge explodes. He had around 3500 yards and 67% completion percentage in 11 games that season, against the SEC! That's consistency. Don't forget that Cutcliffe is the same guy that coached a pair of #1 overall picks, Peyton and Eli Manning.

I will give you the point on his frame. I'd like to see him beef up more. His freshman year he was 6'6" and 200 and he's added 20 pounds of muscle since then. He should be able to add more weight.

3. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

I don't know where you saw that he can throw the ball 70 yards, but I would like to see that source. I've never seen him throw it that far. I've watched every Vols game for years and I don't see any noticeable zip on his passes that other quarterbacks don't display.. and that is in college.

He had a nice season, but let's face it-he was injured for 2 of the 3 biggest games of the year and lost the one (to Florida) that he did play in. A game in which he was one of the main reasons that we struggled. Then, we lose to Penn State in our bowl game... a weak club that we should have handled easily. Again, Ainge didn't have a good game.

I'm not saying it was all his fault, but he definitely had his hand in that season. It all starts with the quarterback and his play was very subpar.

Again, I'm not sure where you are getting your stats, but I see that he had just under 3,000 yards in 11 full games.

http://scores.espn.go.com/ncf/player/profile?playerId=161062

I don't really know what Cutcliffe has to do with this. So you are saying that Ainge couldn't succeed without a great offensive coach? That seems more like a positive for Coach Cutcliffe than a positive for Ainge.

4. SuperVince

SuperVince Camp Fodder

Thats interesting since several other SEC teams do on your subjective list. Lets be honest about this, Earl is probably the top tier receiver in the SEC and he has no QB throwing to him! It just doesn't add up. Yeah they may be no better than a 5-6 team but thats not because of the receiver position on this team.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar