Top 10 Big Board

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by xpmar9x, Dec 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Jeffery scares me.. suspended now and hasn't had a clean bill of health in ages. Boom/bust potential, not sure if he's worth the $$.

2. bec25

bec25 Camp Fodder

Well, that is a good point, but he will be cheaper. Listen, we are close to being a real SB contender. A good player could push us over the top. Sign him to a 3 year 18 million dollar contract, an hope for the best.

3. xhrr

xhrr Starter

I think he makes at least 1.5x that on the open market. I pray it's not us signing the deal. Mohamed freaking Sanu got over 6 mil a year and the cap is going up. Someone will overpay.

He doesn't seem like a guy Jrob would pursue anyway.

4. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Jeffrey is not our guy. Injured, PED's, and wanting big money? No thanks. Are we trying to be the Browns? One slip up from Jeffrey and he's gone for a year!

PASS...especially with a lot of WR talent in the draft!

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Haven't watched enough film of them yet. Haven't even seen Sutton from SMU yet. What do you make of him?

6. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

I've only watched him while sitting at a bar a few times early in the year, but....

Good size, good hands, good routes. When I watched him, he made a couple of plays where he'd adjust to a bad ball and get it and also the CB would break on the ball and flash in front of him and maybe get some ball and he'd still catch it.

Speed will be his determining factor. People compare him to Doctson, but I kind of see Penn State Allen Robinson.

edit: Just realized he is a RS Soph, don't know why Walter had him on the mocks at the beginning of the year.

7. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

While I agree that Jeffery is a hard pass, and there is WR talent coming in this draft- it's too often that rookie WRs come into the league injured after their "combine offseason" - and don't produce for a couple years at best.

If we do draft a WR early I would hold my breath about year one production.

8. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Agree. Too often they over train for the combine season and then try to ramp it up for training camp and boom...pulled hammy or quad, acl, achilles...blah blah blah.

I would think the players union would make mandates on this but until they are drafted, they aren't in the NFL. Smart teams will get these guys to take some down time for rest and recovery and ease them back into.

The issue is, do the Titans need a Mike Williams or Corey Davis or can we get wr(s) later and focus on seriously upgrading the D. Maybe Foster and Adams and then CB in rounds 2 and 3 and then a WR in round 3?

Free agency will give us more draft direction.

9. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

Foster/Cb would be a strong start. I also think we could trade down, Wr/Cb, added second spent on a TE. 3rd rounders used on LBer/extra CB.

Wouldn't hurt my feelings

10. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Not sure what Jeffrey would command but now is not the time to hand out high-risk contracts when we're on the up and up. That's how franchises stay low.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar