Too early? Titans Mock Draft

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by ScotTitan, Oct 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

Saw an N. Johnson on the combine list and thought it was him. It's a pity cause I really, really like Johnson.

2. LoneWolf

LoneWolf Starter

Haven't done one in a while but this is my pre free agent mock draft, I'll adjust it after free agents

Round 1 Nick Perry/Vinny Curry DE
    Round 2 Harrison Smith S
    Round 3 Best offensive lineman available
    Round 4 Nick Jean-Baptiste DT
    Round 4 (comp) Nigal Bradham/ Tank Carder OLB
    Round 5 Oliver Vernon DE
    Round 6 Sean Richardson S
    Round 7 Project offensive lineman

Depending how free agents go this is how I would like to see the draft. On the defensive line we have the possibility of losing Hayes, Ball, and Jones. In the secondary we have the possibility of losing Hope, Babs, Cortland, and Griffin. We all know Hope is more than likely gone, Babs could be tested free agency for a pay day, Griffin has been less than stellar. They are talking about Jones big pay day and Ball has had multiple concussions. I see a very defensive stacked draft class where we pick up multiple lineman to replace and rotate in. I also see how fixing the back end of the secondary. There is to much money tied into RB to draft one, seems like we are content at receiver as well, lineman can be fix in free agency but I also see that as a draft need.

3. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

My favorite draft site, DraftCountdown, has us taking Mercilus. Here's the link:

http://www.draftcountdown.com/sub/Mock-Draft-B.php

However at #20 we have the choice of... Mercilus, Janoris Jenkins, Kendall Wright, Cordy Glenn, Devon Still, Dre Kirkpatrick, Nick Perry, and Peter Konz. That gives us a ton of options if that really happened.

4. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Well with Griffin back and Babs looking like he'll return and looks like I'll have to move on from my man Barron. If Jenkins or Dre Kirk fall to us that should be the pick because of the loss to Finnegan but if not I would have to go Perry.

5. satkins2252

satkins2252 Starter

If we take a DE not named Coples in the first round we will end up with another average D-lineman.

6. satkins2252

satkins2252 Starter

If DeCastro falls I think he absolutely has to be the pick. I like Konz and Kirkpatrick as options too.

7. satkins2252

satkins2252 Starter

8. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

I highly doubt it, based on the fact that the Bills need serious help at defensive end. If Coples is there at 10, he won't be at 11.

9. LoneWolf

LoneWolf Starter

What is with all the hate on Derrick Morgan, the dude tore his ACL his rookie year and came back to early from it. Essentially this was his rookie year, towards the end of the season he had more qb pressures than anyone. He needs another year to develop to decide if he'll be average or great.

10. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

FA – Scott Wells, Dwight Freeney – The Titans had two issues in 2011; running the football and sacking the QB. Wells takes care for the first problem and Freeney takes care of the latter while also providing some leadership to the youngest defense in the NFL last season.

Draft

Round 1: Whitney Mercilus, DE, Illionios – The Titans have all ready pick Mercilus in my mind. Just like they did with Locker last year they sent a huge contingent to Illionios pro day to watch Mercilus workout. They hope to improve a pass rush that only notched 28 sacks last season.

Round 2: Brandon Thompson, DT, Clemson – With the second pick in this draft the Titans continue to improve their defensive line by adding Brandon Thompson. Thompson was once thought of as the best DT in this class but fell due to the depth at DT this season. Thompson is strong at the point of attack in the run game and helps to collapse the pocket in the passing attack. Thompson will match with Casey and give the Titans a solid defensive wall and allow the DE's to focus on rushing the passer.

Round 3: Chandler Jones, DE, Syracuse – Here I have the Titans using a second pick on a defensive end. Why? Mostly because we only have Morgan who is guaranteed to make the team and he hasn't shown that he is a long term option at DE. Chandler Jones is an athletic freak that has a good mix of size, speed, and strength. In college he mostly used his superior athleticism to bull rush or his speed to run around them and will need to develop more pass rush moves in order to become a force at the next level. Was injured for a good part of the 2011 NCAA season but posted a state line of 4.5 sacks, 7.5 TFL, two forced fumbles, and an interception.

Round 4: Lonnie Edwards, OG, Texas Tech – OMG a pick that isn't a defensive lineman. Edwards had a good season in his third year as TT's starting guard. Edwards is a mauling run blocker and a decent pass blocker. Was very raw in his junior year but showed a lot of improvement in his senior season. Edwards can come in and challenge Harris and Amano for a starting spot.

Round 4 (comp): DeQuan Menzie, CB, Alabama – Menzie is a player that I watched carefully all year. In a secondary filled with the likes of Mark Barron (round 1/2), Dre Kirkpatrick (round 1), and Robert Lester (round 2 2013) Menzie was the CB that teams decided to throw at but he held his own and prvided tight coverage. A bad 40 time at the combine hurts his stock.

Round 5: Ryan Broyles, WR, Oklahoma – Getting Broyles here is a steal. Over the least few years Ryan Broyles with 4,00 + yards and 45 TD's. Broyles is a great route runner with decent speed and soft hands and will challenge Williams and Hawkins for the number 3 receiver spot and challenge Mariani for the KR/PR role. If Britt is injuried then Williams can step outside with Broyles in the slot in 3 wide sets.

Round 6: Cody Johnson, FB, Texas – Johnson had been the best FB in the NCAA for a number of years but his stock his hurt by his lack of receiver skills. Still though Johnson is a quality blocker that will replace Hall in the run game.

Round 7: Donte Page-Moss, DE, UNC – Page- Moss almost drops out of the draft due to his injury and off the field issue but at one point was thought to be a 3rd or 4th round pick. Page-Moss is another great athlete like Mercilus and Jones and posted 7.5 sacks and 13.5 TFL in his 2010 sophomore season. In round 7 he is the BPA and the Titans can always cut him if he starts his off the field issues with them. This is a no risk, high reward situation.

2012 Titans Starters

Offense
    QB: (M. Hasslebeck/J. Locker)
    HB: Ch. Johnson/J. Harper
    FB: Co. Johnson [R]
    WR: N. Washington/K. Britt/D. Williams/R. Broyles[R]/L. Hawkins/M. Mariani
    TE: J. Cook/C. Stevens
    OT: M. Roos | D. Stewart
    OG: (L. Harris/E. Amano/L. Edwards[R]) | (L. Harris/E. Amano/L. Edwards[R])
    OC: S. Wells [FA]

Defense
    DE: D. Freeny | (W. Mercilus [R]/D. Morgan/C. Jones [R])
    DT: B. Thopson[R] | J. Casey
    OLB: A. Ayers | W. Witherspoon
    ILB: C. McCarthy
    CB: J. McCourty/A. Verner/(C. Hawkins/ D. Menzie[R]/ T. Campbell)
    S: M. Griffin | J. Babineux

K: R. Bironas
    P: B. Kern

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar